• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New and Improved Bounty System!

bumsonfire

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have come up with a great idea that will surely be better for EVERYONE including myself. atm the Bounty point system is a little dodgey and can be annoying, (this is what ive heard from others) so its come to my attention to make a WHOLE NEW system. (This is an Alpha Version)

Ways to get Bounty: Bounty Received:
- 1 kill - 10 Bounty
- 3 kill streak - 30 Bounty
- 5 kill streak - 80 Bounty
- 10 kill streak - 120 Bounty
- Dieing - Loses 50 Bounty
- Winning A Game - 300 Bounty
- Killing Someone on Deathmatch - 50 Bounty
- Killing someone with your Bow - 20 Bounty
- Donate to the server - 400 Bounty

I hope this is accepted, this doesnt have to be the 'complete knew thing' but it can be a little add-on. Remember this Version of the scoring system is in ALPHA!

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
I disagree with the idea, its pointless and will effect the game play in a negative way in my opinion. It will just cause people to target others with bounty they received just for playing well. The current bounty system is perfectly fine and provides a bit more of an on edge experience for those players who want to get there hand on a large bounty, but not so much that it becomes frustrating because the same people are getting targeted over and over.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have come up with a great idea that will surely be better for EVERYONE including myself. atm the Bounty point system is a little dodgey and can be annoying, (this is what ive heard from others) so its come to my attention to make a WHOLE NEW system. (This is an Alpha Version)

- 1 kill - 10 Bounty

I hope this is accepted, this doesnt have to be the 'complete knew thing' but it can be a little add-on. Remember this Version of the scoring system is in ALPHA!

I'm just replying so I can read the white text

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't really know, the bounty system is good at the moment. Why would you change it?

bumsonfire

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, i took a long hard think into this, I think this was a terrible idea. Any votes to shut down this thread??!

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I think the killstreak idea has potential. I don't like the rest of it though. :p

But yeah, it's kind of like in MCInfected, where with each zombie kill, it goes melon, apple, chicken, porkchop, and so on. We can have a similar system for killstreak rewards, except with bounty. And of course, you would still get the bounty from killing the players too. So, for example, 2 kills gives 10 bounty, 3 kills gives 20 bounty, 4 kills gives 40 bounty, 5 kills gives 80 bounty, and so on.

Does this sound like a good idea at all?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How about +5% bounty per additional (more than one) kill in a round? +5% in a deathmatch kill etc? +bounty won't work very well since the bounty system works on percentages and isn't as straight forward as some may believe.

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah i like the kill streak part

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, we could have a small reward for a kill streak, like say, an iron ingot for a 4 kill streak, gold apple for a 5 kill streak, etcetera. Any other ideas?

spencer54325

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey all,

- 1 kill - 10 Bounty

50 points just for dying. Stupid idea, I have to disagree with u. Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci