• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New 1.8 PvP System?

Reaction score
I had taken a huge 5 month break from Minecraft and when 1.8 came out, I just tried playing a bit. Well, the thing that annoyed me the most, is that my connection with whatever Minecraft server was plain crap.
F
irstly, I tried MCSG. 2 out of 10 of my clicks registered, while the other guy was looking like he was stoned, not even moving but nevertheless hitting me like he had forcefield. And no, he wasn't hacking. That just kept happening game after game. As much as I tried clicking fast, I couldn't get a combo. My download speed is 5.79 Mbps and my upload is 0.60Mbps, so I don't think that's the problem. Anyways, after that, I tried some 1v1 servers. The rage was real. It was like I had a continuous 500 ping connection. I tried casting my rod, and it just came out after 5 seconds.
Note that these things never happened to me before 1.8 came out and every server became a legacy server between 1.7 and 1.8. I tried both versions, but still the same problems. Is anyone else having these problems, or is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
The 1.8 PvP system sucks... And I think the '2/10 hits' may have just been because of the fact that they made the red colour (when you damage someone) extremely light, and sometimes not visible at all. This happened to me as well, but I still heard the sounds of the hits... Or maybe that's not it.

IMO, these 2 words sum it up: absolute crap.

Reaction score
The 1.8 PvP system sucks... And I think the '2/10 hits' may have just been because of the fact that they made the red colour (when you damage someone) extremely light, and sometimes not visible at all. This happened to me as well, but I still heard the sounds of the hits... Or maybe that's not it.

IMO, these 2 words sum it up: absolute crap.
No seriously, I tried it with my friend while we were playing, he stood there with no armor and I hit him 5 times with no weapon, and he said he heard only 1 registered hit and that he only got knocked back 1 time.

Also, the legacy servers between 1.7 and 1.8 are just crap. People with 1.8 just have an extreme advantage, and now ping plays an even bigger factor in PvP.

Bob_Dib

Tribute
Reaction score
Not in my opinion. When 1.8 came out, I still performed the exact same without any changes, so maybe it was because you're out of practice after your 5 month break or maybe its a problem with your internet? I'm not sure, but it works fine for me.

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
There isn't any problem with 1.8 for me ._. I still hate it, but nothing like that

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like 1.8 did not change my pvp skill at all, maybe your mouse is un-responsive?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can't stand playing in 1.8 because all of the fishing rod textures are messed up and they annoy me, as well as the fact that you can't tell when you've hit people because their outer armor layer doesn't turn red anymore ;_;

Reaction score
Not in my opinion. When 1.8 came out, I still performed the exact same without any changes, so maybe it was because you're out of practice after your 5 month break or maybe its a problem with your internet? I'm not sure, but it works fine for me.
I got a decent click speed, but I hadn't played at all, so I guess it's that. But it's not my connection. I have 5Mbps and 0.60 Mbps

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
I heard that there was a PvP bug in 1.8, but I have no idea if it's true...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci