• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(Need Help) Razer Naga Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
To begin this with, I basically just started playing again after 11 months of quitting, so I do not know if I am posting this thread in the proper section. If I am posting it in the wrong place then I'd gently ask for a mod or up to move this thread to the place where it belongs.

Alright, so.. As I have said I quit like, gaming in general for around 11 months. Thus resulting the minimal usage of my Razer Naga Mouse. Basically when I decided that I am going to come back. I tried out the mouse and it wouldn't move any distance. Like, the all of the buttons (Clicks, scroll wheel, all 12 of the side buttons, etc) are working. But one thing, it wouldn't move. I assume that it's something wrong with the sensor, it is probably too dirty because I haven't used it for 11 months and the sensor gets all dusty etc. But I've been trying to fix it by cleaning it with a 'wet' tissue, but still it won't work.

So basically, I would love to hear any fixes from you if you've got any, or also if this has happened to you before be sure to tell me how you fixed it. The Razer Naga I own is the Naga Epic 2014 Edition. I've had it for almost 2 years (bought November 12/13 2013 as a birthday present)

*ps : I don't only use the mouse to play Minecraft. But I did however, bought it with its main intention to help me switch through my hotbar during the Survival Games.

-Thank you all very much, -DvstDash (was ZHDcrew)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and move this over to General Support for you, however your issue sounds a bit strange. This is something I've never encountered before and am not sure how to solve unfortunately.

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you try plugging it in? Here's an in depth tutorial:

How to Connect Your Keyboard and Mouse to Your PC
Connecting your mouse to your PC is a breeze. Before you connect your mouse to your computer, you need to decide where to place the mouse in relation to the PC:
  • The mouse lives to the right or left of the keyboard, depending on whether you're right- or left-handed.
Now that you have your mouse where you want it, you can actually connect it:
  • The mouse plugs into the mouse port.
Once you've got every thing set up stuff your mouse's cord into the USB port like you're stuffing Thanksgiving dinner!

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and move this over to General Support for you, however your issue sounds a bit strange. This is something I've never encountered before and am not sure how to solve unfortunately.
Alrighty, thank you very much. Same here, but thanks anyway ;)

Connecting your mouse to your PC is a breeze. Before you connect your mouse to your computer, you need to decide where to place the mouse in relation to the PC:
  • The mouse lives to the right or left of the keyboard, depending on whether you're right- or left-handed.
Once you've got every thing set up stuff your mouse's cord into the USB port like you're stuffing Thanksgiving dinner!
LOL no, it ain't that.. I hope this was meant to be a joke xD Anyway, what I meant by all the buttons work is that it would function when plugged in to the computer. But the mouse just wouldn't move. :eek:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
While I have no idea what the issue is or how to isolate it, here's a few suggestions:

Either:
Start Menu -> Devices and Printers -> Razer Naga Epic 2014 -> Hardware -> Check to see if it says "This device is working properly." next to "Device status:"
OR (seriously, it's the same thing)
Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Razer Naga Epic 2014 -> Hardware -> Check to see if it says "This device is working properly." next to "Device status:"
Perhaps click "Properties" and see if you can figure out anything with the driver - perhaps update it?

Try using your mouse on different surfaces. Wood, cloth, mousepad, a floor, etc.

...have you tried turning it off then back on again...?

jkjk

Perhaps find your Devices Manager and double-check to make sure that your mouse is set to be your default device.

*shrug* dunno man. Submit a Support Ticket to Razer?

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
While I have no idea what the issue is or how to isolate it, here's a few suggestions:

Either:
Start Menu -> Devices and Printers -> Razer Naga Epic 2014 -> Hardware -> Check to see if it says "This device is working properly." next to "Device status:"
OR (seriously, it's the same thing)
Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Razer Naga Epic 2014 -> Hardware -> Check to see if it says "This device is working properly." next to "Device status:"
Perhaps click "Properties" and see if you can figure out anything with the driver - perhaps update it?

Try using your mouse on different surfaces. Wood, cloth, mousepad, a floor, etc.

...have you tried turning it off then back on again...?

jkjk

Perhaps find your Devices Manager and double-check to make sure that your mouse is set to be your default device.

*shrug* dunno man. Submit a Support Ticket to Razer?
xD, but I do not think that it is anything wrong with the driver or all that. Because I've brought the mouse to quite a tad of friends' houses and school, but the same problem occurs. My best solution right now is probably to disassemble it then clean the sensor with alcohol liquid then put it back in its place again. However, I am aware of making it even more 'broken'. So bziclly yeh

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

gg

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
Still haven't got any fixes ;-; Really do not wanna spend money on another mice ;-;

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Wish I was able to help, I have a Razer Naga 2014 myself so this is mind boggling for me. I agree with your first guess, this is probably to do with the sensor!

I suggest you try and find a computer repair store local to you and ask if they can "sort out" your mouse. It's a long shot, but what choice do you have?

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
Wish I was able to help, I have a Razer Naga 2014 myself so this is mind boggling for me. I agree with your first guess, this is probably to do with the sensor!

I suggest you try and find a computer repair store local to you and ask if they can "sort out" your mouse. It's a long shot, but what choice do you have?
Guess I'm actually gonna try this one out! Thank you so much! :D

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
Not a problem! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and i'll leave this thread open in case someone else thinks they can help.
Another 'Thank You!' for you! Appreciate the helps a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci