• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Pokemon Themed MCSG Contest Map

Daleifur

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My cousin and I finally finished our map that we've been working on last night at around 5am, haha. I submitted it right away and since then it has been pushed back a few pages. If anyone reading this is a Pokemon fan, check out our map! It's a remake of Cerulean City and the surrounding routes. It also includes Mewtwo's cave.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/cerulean-city/

If you've read this far, thank you. We worked really hard on the map and would love some feedback. Thank you in advance.

-Daleifur

00e35d8c981c0a2e29ca9f8c83316173.png
gym.pngpokemart.pngspawn.png2013-05-27_03.25.34.png2013-05-27_03.29.15.png2013-05-27_03.29.30.png

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Moved this over to "Finished Maps" for you ;).

I haven't been able to check out the map yet, but a straightaway suggestion would be to add some neat screenshots of the map onto your thread :).

Daleifur

Spectator
Reaction score
Moved this over to "Finished Maps" for you ;).

I haven't been able to check out the map yet, but a straightaway suggestion would be to add some neat screenshots of the map onto your thread :).
Thank you! And thanks for the suggestion!

joshua4157

Tribute
Reaction score
Although it does look quiet simple (from the screenshots), then again, it still looks very similar to the actual pokemon world :p

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
Hiya! First off, I love the concept you've come up with for your map; it's a clever idea.

Sadly, the same cannot be said about the overall execution; the simplicity of the Pokemon world certainly hinders the look of the map. Whilst over-designing something to the point where it becomes a mess is a bad thing, I feel that you could perhaps add more features and have a less flat terrain, even straying off the Pokemon world-esque feel whch you've rigidly stuck to. At the moment, it strikes me as too plain, too flat. You've also added a lot of random features; the jungle trees, for example, which don't really fit with the rest of the map. I could say the same about the cornucopia too; whilst it's not ugly as such, it doesn't keep to the Pokemon theme. Right now, I'm imagining a cornucopia encased in a Pokeball, or something of that nature which brings out the "wow-factor" of the map.

You're on the right lines with this map, although the execution still needs some working on. Hope this helped ;)

Daleifur

Spectator
Reaction score
Hiya! First off, I love the concept you've come up with for your map; it's a clever idea.

Sadly, the same cannot be said about the overall execution; the simplicity of the Pokemon world certainly hinders the look of the map. Whilst over-designing something to the point where it becomes a mess is a bad thing, I feel that you could perhaps add more features and have a less flat terrain, even straying off the Pokemon world-esque feel whch you've rigidly stuck to. At the moment, it strikes me as too plain, too flat. You've also added a lot of random features; the jungle trees, for example, which don't really fit with the rest of the map. I could say the same about the cornucopia too; whilst it's not ugly as such, it doesn't keep to the Pokemon theme. Right now, I'm imagining a cornucopia encased in a Pokeball, or something of that nature which brings out the "wow-factor" of the map.

You're on the right lines with this map, although the execution still needs some working on. Hope this helped ;)
Wow, thanks for the big reply! You raise very valid points, thank you. :) In regards to the flatness, on the routes surrounding the city there is some depth. There are ledges in-game on Pokemon and we included them in the routes.2013-05-28_13.23.18.png2013-05-28_13.23.50.png2013-05-28_13.28.47.png2013-05-28_13.24.55.png

There is also quite a bit of depth inside the floor of Mewtwo's Cave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci