• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mute instead of ban for foul language

ZiNToZ

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't see why it is a ban from the game for first or second time verbal offences. Muting would be a much better option as talking is the way they got banned.

ZiNToZ

Tribute
Reaction score
+ if they keep offending, it results in a perm mute

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Good but mute doesn't stop them from hacking etc. It should be a ban for swearing, being rude, etc. Good lead doe.

M

MrMad2000

Not the worst idea. However, I think that it'd be annoying for mods to constantly type /mute (playername) (duration) and whatever else you've gotta add onto the end of that command and if they continue to re-do it...

However, I think that Subversion and Forairan could work on a plugin that any words curse words that are said automatically mutes you for 5 minutes. So, say that someone says f*** but they say it fu* or fk then they could get an automatic mute as that's bypassing the censor. It would seem like it'd work out well.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you (general you, not personal) are going to be rude and disrespectful, you deserve a ban.

M

MrMad2000

If you (general you, not personal) are going to be rude and disrespectful, you deserve a ban.
But that's a loss for SG also because they're loosing players, sure. A couple hundred being banned a day might not seem much, but it does add up.

I get your point RC. However, even though they should be banned, they can't exactly continue being rude if they're muted.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But that's a loss for SG also because they're loosing players, sure. A couple hundred being banned a day might not seem much, but it does add up.

I get your point RC. However, even though they should be banned, they can't exactly continue being rude if they're muted.
It's only a few hours. I think it teaches a lesson better.

Reaction score
If you break the rules, it is your fault, you pay the price.
Sometimes I will curse in game. However, I never bypass the censor, so I don't think it deserves a ban if you do not bypass the censor. (I did this last a LONG time ago. During the summer)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci