• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More focus on survival when awarding points

What say you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesaucer

Tribute
Reaction score
It's called "survival games", but as it is now it's more like "killing games". I have lasted long in some battles, by hiding away from people with better items. The score system however requires me to dash straight at them and *maybe* kill them to improve my rank.

I think at least the last five tributes in a full game should get "survival score".

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
i don't like it, it would encourage camping so on the city map people could just sit in a super tall building and camp there the entire game and get big points i know how camping is a strategy (a very effective one at that) but i don't like how it drags the time of the game FAR past what it would be if no one camped, then again i do camp the corn every chance i get, but i feel camping the corn is different because its not really hiding.

gamesaucer

Tribute
Reaction score
I see why you would say that, but a game can last only 60min.

Also, kills would be more beneficial. Say, the 2nd place gets 5 additional score, 3rd place gets 4, 4th place gets 3 and 5th place gets 2. this way it's not terribly rewarding but it would hopefully increase the amount of carefulness.

It might also be possible to award 2nd - 5th place the same amount of score to discourage camping later in the game.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
there is no real reson to have this in the game, it would send campers up into the thousands for playing a game style that only annoys people, sorry, not such a good idea as it may seem, as the killing part requires skill (I have killed a guy in full leather and an iron sword when i only had a stone sword using a 'skill' that you could say, moving side to side and keeping your mouse focused on the opponent breaking your left and right keys.
the fact that 'surviving' a round will gain u points, will only encourage camping, dragging rounds on for the full hour when it really can be minimized to 20 minutes without having this option of gaining points through survival.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
connection, lag and poor hardware often exclude me form killing someone, let alone win... i would appreciate the focus being driven towards actually staying alive, not being a murderer. But i couldn't really care what my score is, so long as i've had fun ^_^

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
connection, lag and poor hardware often exclude me form killing someone, let alone win... i would appreciate the focus being driven towards actually staying alive, not being a murderer. But i couldn't really care what my score is, so long as i've had fun ^_^
*tear* but really sappy XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci