• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
I have an idea for how Moderators should control the chat. For this demo, the rule breaker is called "Ben" and the moderator is called "Josh"
Ben: ELISHA CAN WE TEAM
Josh: Ben, caps warn 1
Ben: ok sorry
-30s later-
Ben: IN BAJAN WE TRUST, IN BACCA WE MUST
Josh: Ben, caps warn 2

Player Ben has been kicked from the Survival Games

What I'm saying here is "warns". When someone uses more than X amount of caps in a sentence, he gets a Caps Warn. If he uses X amount of caps again, he gets kicked from the server.

This can also work with spam.

Ben: vote 4!!!
Josh: Ben, spam warn 1
Ben: oh sorry.
-30s later-
Ben: DaPieHD team!!!
Ben: DaPieHD team!!!
DaPieHD: sorry, not with noobz
Josh: Ben, spam warn 2

Player Ben has been kicked from the Survival Games

What I'm saying here is that if someone says the same thing X amount of times in under X amount of seconds, he gets a spam warn. If he repeats this offence he gets kicked from the server.

This can also work with spam and caps

Ben: BACCAS UNITE
Josh: Ben, kicked for spam and caps.

If someone spams and caps at the same time, he gets kicked.

Pls tell me what you think of this, because I think it's vey fair, and a lot better than. The system that Moderators use.

EDIT: G33ke post?

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
We have had this in an automated system before, but the AI was a tyrant and it caused more problems then it solved. If you are wanting it to be used by actual moderators, then, in my opinion, it is unnecessary. Our mods know how to moderate, and how to keep the chat clean. We do not need a specific set of rather gimmicky rules in order to make sure they are moderating correctly. They can do so on their own. You say that this is 'more fair and better than the system the moderators use' but it's really just a codified, unnecessarily rigorous version of what the mods already employ to successfully moderate the chat. So ultimately, this is really not needed.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I cannot see how this is different from the current system used. Sorry if I'm just being blind D: but, usually a staff member would warn on a first offence and then proceed to kick which, forgive me if I'm wrong, is what you're suggesting. Perhaps this is not the way you have seen this being done but it is the way that the majority of staff use.

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
I think I'm seeing this different then you guys.. But what you said is true. It is similar to he already used one.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think I'm seeing this different then you guys.. But what you said is true. It is similar to he already used one.
My feelings on it can pretty much be summed up as: moderators know what to do,and it's pretty similar to this. There's no need to have a strict rule around it,

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I never kick them without warning them first... and 9 times out of 10 they apologize and stop doing it :D

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
mods dont need to do the warn 1, warn 2 as they are doing that in their head already ;)

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
I obviously do warn people for doing these before I kick them, but personally, I don't see why we should, people have already been warned in knowing that they are not allowed to spam, curse or use CAPS. They know what they are doing is wrong, so I think we should just kick them immediately. It's not like they are shocked to hear what they are doing is wrong when we warn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci