• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Recently, my game has been experiences random crashes where the game would just close with a NVIDIA error message linked to do with an OpenGL issue. There is a similar thread for this, but is over a year old so I thought I would avoid a necro and repost.
One of the lines on error message I get is:
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed.

After going to the Mojang bugs page, I read that a mod stated that chipsets of an Intel 965 no longer support modern MC versions. This does not apply to me.

My Specs:
i7 4790K @4Ghz
GTX 970
16GB ram (4gb allocated to MC)

I have no idea what is going on and some help would be useful.

(I will edit and add screenshots later of what happens if it continues.)

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
This has been happening to me too Tom, it's only a problem on 1.7 for me and it only crashes MCSG. I suggest using 1.8 unless there is a solution posted on this thread.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
This has been happening to me too Tom, it's only a problem on 1.7 for me and it only crashes MCSG. I suggest using 1.8 unless there is a solution posted on this thread.
I think I might have fixed it xD
I just copied over my XMN properties from a default and re allocated ram. gg

EDIT: NVM

Australian_Boy

Spectator
Reaction score
That's what I would do Lebron12, sorry I wasn't quick enough to get on to help.

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
If you are using Optifine, try toggling around with the Open GL (if you are on 1.7). Make sure all your drivers are up to date, and using the latest version of MC (1.8.7) and Optifine (if you use it). Else, I would suggest contacting Mojang support as they would have more knowledge.

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
probably set your regedit to an insane value

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
OpenGL issues usually spark with a modded client, such as Forge, Optifine, etc.

If you use just a vanilla client (which I'm sure your PC could handle fine), does it seem to open? If it does, the specific mod(s) you're using might be out of date for that version and cause issues. Sometimes Minecraft launching error aren't really what they list as, and can be an absolute easy of a fix, easier than we think.

Let me know, I'd be glad to help as much as possible!

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm going to assume this issue has been resolved since we have no further reports of you requesting help here, therefore I am going to lock this thread.

Please PM me if it has not been fixed and you want it unlocked. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci