• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG VIP guidelines and VIP Special Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkalize

Survivor
Reaction score
So, as many of you are most likely aware, MCSG recently added many new survival games maps, in addition to an entirely rebuilt hub and mini-hubs. As a result of this, many new people have been granted MCSG's Highest non-staff rank, VIP. To begin with, the VIP rank was intended to be for solely Youtuber's or Twitch Live streamers, not map builders, as evident in static_nightmare post over two years ago requesting that map builders get VIP rank, seen here:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/community-map-builders-get-vip.16533/

However, When I went in search of a thread regarding the guidelines to Map Building VIP, I was unable to find a set of guidelines restricting what can and cannot be done by an MCSG VIP rank. The only page regarding VIP guidelines is found here, and does not mention the word Map Builder once.
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/introducing-twitch-tv-vip-youtube-vip-changes.132752/
Even though these "Builders" are not as famous as the Youtuber's and Twitch streamers, they still have a high rank, and are looked up to by the majority of the community. As a result of this, these players SHOULD be held to a high standard. The reason I am here today spending my time typing this, is because I feel that this player is abusing the VIP rank. On multiple occasions, this certain player has called out my disguise name. This may not seem like a big deal to most players, but it is quite frustrating to be targeted. If any normal player had called out my disguise name, I wouldn't have been able to do anything, UNLESS, a mod happened to be in the game to kick the player from the server. When this player Called out my disguise name, there happened to be 3 moderators in the game, and myself and multiple players questioned why this player why this player was not kicked from the server. I was responded to with this:

~snip~

An MCSG Moderator physically cannot kick nor ban a VIP, despite him breaking a rule that I would be instantly punished for. The reason? He built a hub for MCSG. The solution? Create a new set of guidelines for the VIP rank including Map Builders, Give mods the ability to kick/Ban VIP's For breaking the rules, or create an entirely new Map Builder rank. Either way, I believe something needs to be done to resolve this situation.

VIP SPECIAL TREATMENT?

Other Screenshots:

~snip~

Edit: Advised to edit out player name. Any Staff member can contact me to see the unedited versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
An MCSG Moderator physically cannot kick nor ban a VIP, despite him breaking a rule that I would be instantly punished for. The reason? He built a hub for MCSG. The solution? Create a new set of guidelines for the VIP rank including Map Builders, Give mods the ability to kick/Ban VIP's For breaking the rules, or create an entirely new Map Builder rank. Either way, I believe something needs to be done to resolve this situation.
Please realize that this isn't special treatment. Mods can't deal with VIP's to avoid issues within the community.
they still have a high rank, and are looked up to by the majority of the community
You said it yourself, they are looked up to and have a higher standing in the community. If punishments aren't carefully discussed, and something were to go wrong, we don't want the community freaking out over a mistake. Allowing Sr Staff only to deal with them assures that nothing will be wrongfully done. Does this mean they won't be held to the same standards? No. They will be punished in the same fashion as regular users, if not more strictly.

This is also the wrong place to report a player. If you would like to report someone for breaking the rules (even a VIP) please visit http://report.mcgamer.info.

These screenshots will be removed, as they could be used as future evidence.

Thread locked. Please PM me if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci