• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Tournament - Feature Suggestions

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
So here is my idea, an official MCSG tournament! The prizes given out could range from donor to maybe even steam codes!
Here's how it could work:
So you would sign up on the forums (that way makes the most sense) and it would follow a simple tournament ladder. I also thought it would be interesting if people were paired based on their win amount.
MCSG would have specific servers set up for the tourny (like the PMC servers were), and the tourny would take place each saturday and Chad would stream it (if possible.)
So what do you guys think? Yes I know there are community-hosted tournaments, but this would be awesome.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Too messy and Chad is too busy for that...Eh, Staff have more important things to work on and more important things to spend money on. Money for new servers doesn't grow on tree's. PMC Helped pay for the servers during the competition.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
But...

I do remember back when V2 released, they said that sometime in the future they'd start doing MCSG tournaments, unfortunately that didn't happened, although the idea in itself sounds pretty cool.

Trinnn

Experienced
Reaction score
I am not sure about Chad's availability to do this. And I highly doubt he could fit the time, and with the upcoming Clan Battles and the semi-common tournaments that may come from that, I'd most likely say that you'd be the solo one doing it, sadly enough. We do appreciate your creative contribution though! :)

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be hard and time-consuming for the devs to do so

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been item #1 on my list of, "long-term projects" since I first arrived.

The issue is that actually setting up an official tournament is a huge undertaking in terms of development, logistics, organization, advertising, distribution, production, and execution. Even though we're just an online community, the resources and effort needed is on-par with that of official sporting events. And it's because of that massive hurdle, which must be undertaken by a centralized few key individuals whom are already taxed with endless other jobs and responsibilities, that tournaments have not become a thing yet.

That being said, however, several key aspects and considerations have already been made, and I know of several members of staff who are simply revving at the chance to see this come to fruition. So progress has been made, but a lot of work still needs to be done to bring it all together, especially considering how extensive an official tournament would be for our community.

Who knows, though? Maybe we'll have plans ready by next month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci