• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG taking a step in the wrong direction also their is a poll please vote!

No more dynamic server #'s + Old Hub before Ant Venom merge

• I disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StealinStats

Platinum
Reaction score
So I have been playing MCSG since late 2013 and early 2014 and I remember MCSG when it was at its high point.
First of all the poll is about if MCSG should bring back the old sign Hub before the antvenom merge and to remove all the stupid random #'s for hubs and Servers and just do 1 2 3 .... so on.
but here is my thoughts on how MCSG can get back on to the right track its pretty simple.
1. Listen to Community
2. add 24 player solo SG
3. Implement something like anticheat to catch all these dirty auto clicker/ triggerbots etc....
4. Get a new staff team/ Revamp it and demote all the very inactive ones I know they do it for free but if you are going to do something do it to the best of your ability and be consistent or GTFO [ sorry for the bit of rudeness their but it has to be said!]
5. Get rid of the dynamic server #'s stop making it to complicated
6. do not fix things that are not broken and please bug test before you release a plugin update!
7. Have fun with it and do not make it into a business and do it for the money, it will come but thats why MCSG is failing because all you see is your still getting money so server is fine but it is for surely is dying or not grow at all.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
1. MCSG does listen to their community sometimes, but that's not the problem. They need to know when and when not to listen to the community, because the community don't always know what's best (but sometimes they do).

2. Instead of 24-player Solo SG (which would be alright), how about adding something that actually makes it original and somewhat different from regular SG? (Besides less players, having everyone disguised, no chat, and 2-player deathmatches, it's the exact same plugin.)

3. A better anti-cheat would be great, but stealing Badlion's isn't the way to go. If they could just make their own anti-cheat that wasn't completly outdated and broken that would be great.

4. Sadly, MCSG has to keep the mods that aren't that great. It's their only choice, since at least they are there. Having bad mods is better than having no mods.

5. While it is complicated, apparently dynamic servers makes it "easier to join games" because with dynamic servers they could implement the menu where you can join games by using the menu-thingy when you right click your compass in the hub. Also, I think I heard somewhere that it makes it easier for the staff team to catch hackers and whatever (and I really don't know why that is). But yeah, I'd like to see the old system back as well, and I'll stay that way unless I figure out that there's a very good reason for the dynamic server system being here.

6. It's too late. They already tried fixing a server that wasn't broken by turning "MCSG" into "MCGamer." And they rarely release plugin updates that affect the game much anyways, so that shouldn't be that big of an issue.

7. I don't think the problem is necessarily money, but the MCSG staff team definitely doesn't realize that there are some serious issues with the server now (and it might be too late to try and fix them).

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
I'd be cool with this proposition if it wasn't being made by a ghost client user/ sexual predator

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
There is already a thread of the sort. In future please do not re-post threads. Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci