• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Ping lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinton

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello all,

For the past 2 days, I have been experiencing some extreme ping lag on mcsg. I've been getting around 80-90 ms compared to my normal 40. I've tried speedtest, and chose a server near where US MCSG is hosted (Phoenix, Arizona) and got good ping. I've also tried other servers that are in Arizona, and I've gotten fine ping. I have no idea what's causing this. I've used the CMD to do taskkill /pid (or is it PIQ? i can't remember) and improved my ping by about 5.. I really need a solution to this..

EDIT: Seems that I've been getting bad ping on my own server (which is hosted 30 miles away from me) but good ping on the hive (hosted a few thousand miles away from me)

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
If you could please do a traceroute to us.mcgamer.net by referring to this thread. Also, when you reply please mention my name so that I may see you replied and do not reply to the other thread.

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
For some reason and I don't know why but Comcast is routing traffic through Denver, then to Dallas and then to Phoenix... This route is incredibly stupid as there are more direct routes for the data to take. There is nothing we can do about it. The best thing you could do is call them and ask for your route to change. If not then there is nothing to be done.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Seeing that the thread has been answered; I am locking this thread. Please PM a staff member if you have any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci