• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG feature's that would make the game fun and better.

KodyXtreme

Tribute
Reaction score
Iv'e been thinking of new features MCSG should add to make the game more better. Here are some features I would add for the server:
Feature(s): (3)

+ Mutations - Come back to life as a monster and take revenge on the person who killed you.
+ Stats/Records Signs - Instead of joining a lobby and player(s) have to do /records or /stats there should be a sign were player(s) in the lobby can list there stats/records without typing in /records or /stats (Lobby Only).
+ TNT - For player to have the ability to place TNT and explode to give the killer more Damage. but does not brake block(s).

Which Features Should Be Added The Most?
Mutations?
Stats/Record Signs?
TNT?

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Mutation - Stupid Fridge feature honestly. MCSG is a Minecraft replicate of the Hunger Games. And in the books, once you're dead, you're dead.
Stats/Record Signs - OR you can just add /stats or /records to hub ._.
TNT - OP item, and makes the gameplay kinda weird and not very fun. Also, I've never seen a player time tnt right on any server. The only way you can use it effectively is when someone is stuck in a trap. Useless feature, and a cheap copy of Hive.

Most of these features are just crap copy's from other servers, where those features don't really do anything either.

V

Viretine

Unfortunately, I have to agree with BlueHeron . These are just mostly ideas you have taken off of other servers and MCSG doesn't want to be viewed as copying cheats. However I would love to see /records or /stats in the hub.

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
None. I think the current MCSG is just fine and though it does have tiny tweaks that could be changed, our normal gear and hardcore gameplay is what makes us different from the fridge and the hive. And yes, /stats in the hub would be appreciated.

CalebDob

Survivor
Reaction score
If you want these features, just go play on the Nexus. The Nexus is fun, but gets boring after awhile.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry bro. But mutations in MCSG are just stupid. If that were implemented, then MCSG wouldn't feel like the Hunger Games that much. I don't really mind about the stats or the TNT though.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Also, shouldn't this be in Feature Suggestions?
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/feature-suggestions.5/

Maybe get a mod in here to move it Cubes echo_555
(Is it OK to tag a mod for that reason? Not sure, if it's not please let me know.)

Edit:
Forgot to include my opinion of the suggestions:
Mutations?
Stats/Record Signs?
TNT?
Mutations, or Muttations as some people call it (Mutt-tations)
First of all, I'm hearing this is already on another server. If you want that feature, go on that server. This is MCSG, we will not copy another server unless it really does improve the gameplay. That is up to the Devs and Staff, but in my personal opinion, I don't want that. I get into too many fights with people that have gear better than me - And I win most of the time! However, simply because their armor or weapon was so strong, I usually have very low HP at the end. But nevertheless, I outplayed them and emerged victorious. However, if they respawned as a muttation, that would completely defeat the purpose of out-pvping them! I'll die, they'll die, and no one wins in that scenario! Even if the muttations spawned at the end of the game, in DeathMatch or even after DeathMatch, what are the chances that 3 people are going to be able to fight off 21 muttations (zombies or something, for this example) and THEN kill each other in a legitimate fight? Or if it's after one person "Wins", do you really want some muttations spawning in the place of the other two, while you're on fire, at 3 hearts, and burning to death while being chased by zombies!?! HECK NO!
Stats/Record Signs: Ok, I'm not as against these, since it doesn't really change gameplay. But is it really needed? Ehh.... I don't think so. In the lobby, they have plenty of time to say "How can I check my records?" or something, and most people that have enough wins to talk about already know how to check. (Most people with like 5 wins don't go saying "Oh, I have 5 wins, GOML")
TNT: Ok, this one really changes gameplay. First of all, above all it changes PvP. Let's take the Hive for example: That's one server that has TNT in it. They have TNT, but they don't really have Flint n' steel. We, however, do have flint n' steel! And it, in fact, deals more damage than TNT (If used properly and wisely) and can block off a person, slow them down, and takes place instantly - you don't have to wait 3 seconds for it to detonate. So what do you need TNT for? And TNT + Flint n' steel would be rather, ah, OP, don't you think?

Last edited:

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Moved to Feature Suggestions :3

Relating to the thread:

Mutations - We're not the Fridge :(
But on a more serious note, I really don't feel like this would be beneficial towards the gameplay, other than keeping games longer by cycling in dead players.

Signs with /stats - This seems like the best of the ideas. It would not be very difficult to implement, and it'd be a handy way to check without much effort.

TNT - This has actually been introduced and tweaked a couple of times. We've had some issues though, so for now it's left out. I'd like to see it back in, but only if we can keep it balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci