• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Faction Server

Do you think a Faction server is a good idea, if so, would you play on it?

• Total voters

Slam _Burger

Diamond
Reaction score
I think a faction server would be a great edition to the mcsg community, and I think people would really enjoy it. In case you don't know, factions is a plugin that gives a player the ability to create a faction. With this faction they can invite their friends, claim land (only players in the faction can break blocks, open chest, etc, in the factions territory), make secret bases, etc. A faction server would give mcsg players a break from playing plain old mcsg where they could play with friends, while still having fun with PvP.

I think the server should include:
-The faction plugin of course.
-An arena where players could 1v1 with equal stuff (Sometimes you get controversy between players about who is better at pvp. If the server had the arena plugin players could log into the server and 1v1, It's a fun way to work on your PvP skills aswell.)
-The mcmmo plugin would add an interesting twist to a faction server that I think people would really enjoy. Mcmmo is a plugin that gives people skills (eg. mining, swords, fishing, acrobatics, etc), and the player levels up these skills as they use them (eg. when you mine a block you have a chance at getting your skill up, or when you hit something with your sword, or when you catch a fish, or take fall damage, etc.). When you get your skill for something high enough, you start to get double drop chances, and special ability's.
-The server should have a 10k world border. A world border reduces lag, and makes it either to find other peoples bases.
-A fun interactive spawn where people can just chill out, maybe put the arena here, or some parkour? (Don't make spawn to big and overwhelming)
-the abilitys to /sethome and /tpa, you know, the basics. :)
-It should have some form of anticheat to block the xrayers, as xray hackers are a big problem on faction servers.

People tend to get bored of boring old survival servers, but with a faction server it's ongoing fun with raids, PvP battles, building new bases, leveling up your mcmmo skills, fighting your friends in the arena, etc. That is the kind of server people like to play on, a server that never gets boring, always something to do, wether it be building, mining, pvping, or just hanging out with your friends playing some minecraft. :p All in all, I think a faction server is a good idea, and the mcsg staff should really consider doing it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Below will be a poll where you can post your opinion.

Thanks,
Slam_Burger :)

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There is a survival server which may include this, coming soon

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
I love the idea of a factions server. However, the factions server would need not have mcmmo this is true for many reasons. It can be a huge issue for new comers to the server as they start out way behind other players and this is a bit discouraging. It's also far too overpowered it allows for players to become overwhelming strong very quickly and makes the pvp more about grinding mcmmo levels than actually playing minecraft. Finally there are a large number of dupe glitches with the mcmmo plugin that would allow players to cheat their way to glory and no one likes to lose to cheaters.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The survival server would be strictly based off the districts

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel this may be a idea to think of in the future but at the moment seeing as we are focusing on the survival server it may not be a good idea at the moment. I mean you could always try this idea again after in a few months time. I like the idea of it but new comers would find it hard. New comers from MCSG and new comers to the faction plugin. Also we would not need mcMMO as im sure a developer would make MCSG their own kind of thing. You would have to talk more about it to a developer IF your idea is accepted.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
In my experience with these types of servers, the main focus always seems to stray from PVPing and surviving to raiding and getting the best stuff so you can be the most overpowered. And this is especially the case with MCMMO. Having a fist be as strong as an iron sword does not sound like fun to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci