• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Status Tags

So, sound like a good idea?

• Accepted!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Rejected D:

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Hey all!
As a map maker, and one who's maps typically sit in the "Finished maps" thread for a while, I think I've had somewhat of a great idea. If you've ever applied for moderator, you'll know that your application can have 2 tags:
Accepted
or
Rejected
Now these tags let you know that someone of authority has read over your application and made a decision. I think it would be helpful if the new map comity could do this for maps in the "Finished map" section. This way, your map may not stay in there forever, you hoping someone might see it.

If it is Accepted, then:
You would get the MCSG tag,
Servers would carry the map,
and congrats to you :)

If it gets Rejected (D: ) then:
You would recieve points of feedback from the map maker comity,
Your thread would be closed,
And you would be encouraged to edit the map in major ways that the comity pointed out.

To come to a decision, the comity would have to look at the key points of the map (gameplay, size, chests, how it looks, ect.) and take into consideration if there was a poll with votes on how the community likes the map, in order to decide what to tag the map with. In the end, this process would be helpful to many of the map makers out there to let them know what to do with their map, instead of letting get buried and go to waste in the "Finished Maps" section.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
First! And yes. This would be good, because people would know that the MCSG staff are actually looking for maps from the community.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I would suggest it be similar to how the moderator applications work. Where "accepted" means that it is a high quality map, and it may be added to the servers.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I just bothered to look at the suggestions section now :p
This sounds like a great idea :) I've been waiting for the map accepting system to improve, and this seems like a great method to do it.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I just bothered to look at the suggestions section now :p
This sounds like a great idea :) I've been waiting for the map accepting system to improve, and this seems like a great method to do it.
You heard it from the man himself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci