• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Selection Change

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
A problem I have been noticing on the server is that certain maps (*cough* Survival Games 4 *cough*) are being incredibly overplayed, to where on some servers it is almost continuously being played 4-5 times in a row. The issue that seems to be causing this is that SG4 is simply appearing in the vote option every time, and so as a result, people vote for it, either not knowing about the skip option or simply choosing to vote for it to troll people who want something different.

My suggestion, then, is that if a map was played the round directly preceding, it does not appear as an option to vote for. That's really all there is to it - this would prevent map from being played multiple times in a row. Sure, it might mean they'll be played ever OTHER time, but it still keeps things fresh and decent in terms of gameplay.

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
This has been suggested before and has been answered. (Actually a lot of 'em.)
The reason SG4 is there always is because it's new. (Might not be anymore.)
And they're going to fix it with the big maintenance of the 24th - 26th of October.
For your suggestion I think the voting system is already supposed to do that and is actually already doing it but you're not noticing it because of SG4 always being Vote 1.

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay. I've been gone from the servers for a while, so I didn't realize SG4 had just come out. That said...it already feels old, having played it a few dozen times already in the past day or two. So hopefully after the maintenance it'll be fixed and there'll be more variety in voting choices.

MachJacob

Survivor
Reaction score
The reason SG4 is there always is because it's new. (Might not be anymore.)
But Ancient Japan is newer than SG4.

Anyway, as with every thread that suggests this: agreed, SG4 is too overplayed.

chrisinden

Spectator
Reaction score
Thats pretty smart actually, though you would say it has to be removed. Hope it happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci