• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Maker Rank

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a suggestion based off an idea Blamph pointed out in another thread and in his video on the Hell Games map recently. Here is the quote from the thread:
Call me nitpicky, but I'm running into a pretty insane amount of VIPs ever since the new maps are being added. I don't have any problem with the map makers getting a new rank, as some of them truly do deserve it, but it's sort of defeating the point of VIP when there are 4 or 5 of them in a match now.
It seems relatively easy for these teams who were PMC accepted to get it. Can't the main team leader just throw in a couple of friends names into the build process, even if they really only placed down a block or two, and "lie" about them having quite a large part in the actual process. This is my opinion on why only the project leader should get it.

This sort of leads into my next point. Wouldn't it be possible to create a rank for these map builders? Give them a light green or blue name, then they'll get a bit more recognition for what they did and not get questioned and slandered on why they have VIP as I've seen in quite a few lobbies so far.
So what if we had a rank for map makers? Currently, we have the VIP rank which is given to them. This is causing an overflow of people with the VIP rank, because of all the new maps we’ve just added to the servers. The rank could have a light green or blue colour, like Blamph said, or really anything that’s different from the other ranks, and can be given out to the people that helped with maps.

The project leader can get VIP for (probably) having the idea and being the leader of the project that was accepted into MCSG. There maybe 2 people that were the leaders, so at most those people could both get VIP. But the rest of the people that helped with a map, because normally there are lots when a map is made by a build team or larger group of friends, can get the map maker rank.

It could be at the same level as gold donors. They can kick iron donors, but can’t kick by diamond or gold donors. They can have 2-3 votes when deciding the map they want too.

Adding this rank would allow for less of an overflow of the VIP rank, which is now given out almost freely. VIP used to be a special rank, only given to the most deserving. Now, like Blamph said, you can see one every other lobby.

As of now, VIP’s also have to explain why they are so special to all those people that ask them. With the new map maker rank, people would have to answer questions for a bit, but after some time, people will get used to the rank and know what it signifies.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
it should be a shmexy green name.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
A lot better thread than the one I made. But I made a poll! :3 Good thread, I agree with this too.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea, I think this should implemented, as VIP is supposed to be hard to obtain.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
VIP should be hard to get, just because someone made one map it doesn't mean they deserve it. I think if they make a couple of good maps, then they should be VIP

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
VIP should be hard to get, just because someone made one map it doesn't mean they deserve it. I think if they make a couple of good maps, then they should be VIP
This is pretty much my view on it. I don't think a whole other rank is completely necessary although it is an option. Maybe if the person had a major part of 2 or 3 maps possibly

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think this needs a bump, because with new maps being added this is still a relevant suggestion and there are way too many VIPs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci