• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Info Command!

Kos

Career
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Lately I've been playing, and many new players have been asking...
"What should I vote for?" "What map is ____?"
So I was thinking that maybe there could be a command like "/mapinfo [#]" that shows a brief description about the map, so new players can have a more accurate decision on what to vote for.
I don't know, it just seemed like a simple add-on that could be helpful for new players. Thoughts? :]

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
Yes! Especial l when players play SG2 and say "new map". I die a bit on the inside.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
There is already a function that does this, /info brings up what server you are on, players left, map name, and some other info. As well as this, the map information appears when you spawn in it.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
There is already a function that does this, /info brings up what server you are on, players left, map name, and some other info. As well as this, the map information appears when you spawn in it.
Not info on the ACTUAL MAP just stuff plus he means in lobby getting a brief description

Kos

Career
Reaction score
I think what I mean to say is, you'd get a brief description of the map that tells you what it is like. For example, SG2, "A ruined city... yada yada yada.. etc" Just something that gives the player and understanding of what the map is like.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Oooh right. Just me being a derp. Anyway, that does sound like a good idea :) There is a small display of the maps underneath in the lobby, but obviously no new players would know to go there to look for it.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Oooh right. Just me being a derp. Anyway, that does sound like a good idea :) There is a small display of the maps underneath in the lobby, but obviously no new players would know to go there to look for it.
that doesn't exactly tell you much except what type of biome :p

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
This still can work, with a lot of the maps that MCSG has, newbies can get confused.

L

Lululioness

This still can work, with a lot of the maps that MCSG has, newbies can get confused.
Crafty I cannot believe you just necroed.
But I guess this is not a pointless thread, so never mind c:

This would be useful :)

How these could be structured-

SG1- The original Survival Games map by Team Vareide. It has big forests and many islands.
SG2- The City Apocalypse map by Team Vareide. It is a large city with big ruined skyscrapers.
SG3- A giant jungle map with the cornucopia inside a mountain by Team Vareide. It has mountains, jungles and plains with a river.
SG4- A war-ruined city by Team Vareide. It has a train station, airfield, forest and a city.
SG5- The Snow Apocalypse map by Team Vareide. It is a big city in a snow biome with frozen over buildings/statues.
Breeze Island- A tropical jungle map by static_nightmare. It is a series of jungle islands and boats in a large ocean.

etc. (I'm too lazy to do the rest).

The descriptions need to be simple and not necessarily written fancy. We want younger players to understand as well c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci