• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map "Cooldown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MostDoped

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I don't like playing map 4 about... 6 times in a row.

I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but I'd like if there was a cooldown for each map..
So let's say, EU1 played Map 4 and it has now been restarted.
Now it should be unable to play for one match so the other ones can be played.

Sure, the other ones are old and all that jazz, but Map 4 will be old in a week if we don't play others.

Share your thoughts, please? :)

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I've seen this being suggested a lot but I don't understand why people don't realise that the reason that map is being played so often is because the majority of people on that server wish to play it, there is nothing else to it. Just because you don't like the map doesn't mean others have to share the same view - just as you don't share the same view with people who do like the map. If there was to be a cooldown on a map it would go completely against the point of voting as that is there so that the map most of the people want to play is, well, played. Also, as the servers reset after each game I'm pretty sure a cooldown wouldn't even be possible.

MostDoped

Spectator
Reaction score
Well.. shouldn't it be fair for everybody? Honestly, I don't mind playing Map 4, but when I've played it so many times in a row.. Survival Games gets boring.. I'd love to explore map 3 but frankly, I've only played it twice in a week.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I would agree with this idea, but sadly map cool down isn't possible with the plugins being run, and I do NOT want to remove the map altogether, or ruin the voting system.

MostDoped

Spectator
Reaction score
True.. then some of the servers should be picked to run it.. And some servers don't.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
48 server don't have map 4.

Why don't we just not load map 4 on a few 24 servers?

MostDoped

Spectator
Reaction score
That's what I meant. I don't like huge games the whole time.. So.. a few 24 servers without would be awesome =)

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna try to explain this once and for all, for everyone who hasnt heard yet.

We simply CAN'T do a map cooldown!

I say and mean CAN'T, not that we don't want to do one, but it's impossible for us to do so. In Chads own words: "Since our servers restart after every round, it can't possibly know what map was played and a plugin can't be written for it, because the data from last round has been wiped" {maybe not excatly those words, it was about a month back when he said this to me}.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of map 4, and i find this to be the most difficult and frustating map of all time, unless you're lucky enough to get a sword from corn, or really early on. I'm not saying that theres nothing we can do about this problem, but at the moment, cooldown is off the table.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna try to explain this once and for all, for everyone who hasnt heard yet.

We simply CAN'T do a map cooldown!

I say and mean CAN'T, not that we don't want to do one, but it's impossible for us to do so. In Chads own words: "Since our servers restart after every round, it can't possibly know what map was played and a plugin can't be written for it, because the data from last round has been wiped" {maybe not excatly those words, it was about a month back when he said this to me}.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of map 4, and i find this to be the most difficult and frustating map of all time, unless you're lucky enough to get a sword from corn, or really early on. I'm not saying that theres nothing we can do about this problem, but at the moment, cooldown is off the table.
thanks saar maybe this huge rant here will finally make them understand what people have been telling them on all other threads :D

Question answered now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci