• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make moderation easy and How to fix the lag of the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Alright, this is some insane amount of spamming going on and ban reports are making moderation, at least it looks like, impossible. I propose a few plugins go fix this
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nospam/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/censorchat/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/intelligent-anti-caps/

Also, I have noticed that the map is corrupted it looks like. I am getting flashes of undergdound as If i was x-raying but i was not. These kinds of "flashes" of maps can spell corruption. And no, they aren't chunk errors on my client side. What will fix this is a chunkster run which will clean the corruptions
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-chunkster.8186/

I believe the corruption came from way too much voxeling or worldediting, it could just be random as well

Might I add I allocate 8gb of ram to minecraft

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
A new thought is the fact that people go afk, and steal up slots. I would love this to be fixed, so afk people are kicked as this makes it very hard to play the game w/out donator status​

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Another suggestion: We N.E.E.D A moderator application forum so we don't have to rely on chad every hour. I believe that if a server needs to rely on one man to get things done, it is dysfunctional. I suggest a moderator application forum where we post our apps on the forums, players can like or dislike it and vouch for their maturity/qualification.

ThePineapple

Spectator
Reaction score
A new thought is the fact that people go afk, and steal up slots. I would love this to be fixed, so afk people are kicked as this makes it very hard to play the game w/out donator status​
The only problem with that is people go AFK until the next match starts, and they probably spent several minutes trying to get into the server in the first place, so maybe it can be to where just donors are kicked for being AFK instead of regular players?

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
Another suggestion: We N.E.E.D A moderator application forum so we don't have to rely on chad every hour. I believe that if a server needs to rely on one man to get things done, it is dysfunctional. I suggest a moderator application forum where we post our apps on the forums, players can like or dislike it and vouch for their maturity/qualification.
Umm if you read the posts by Chad on the home page of the forums you will find he has asked for people to apply to be moderators for the games so as to assist the small team he had already assembled. Its not just him who's doing the work, he is just the owner...

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Umm if you read the posts by Chad on the home page of the forums you will find he has asked for people to apply to be moderators for the games so as to assist the small team he had already assembled. Its not just him who's doing the work, he is just the owner...
I have talked to chad personally and he has said he would like to add mod apps to the forums.
The only problem with that is people go AFK until the next match starts, and they probably spent several minutes trying to get into the server in the first place, so maybe it can be to where just donors are kicked for being AFK instead of regular players?
Soooo you paid and therefore you get kicked? No, honestly everyone who is afk during a game should be kicked, Have you not noticed all the people afk during a game? Taking up slots.

ThePineapple

Spectator
Reaction score
Soooo you paid and therefore you get kicked? No, honestly everyone who is afk during a game should be kicked, Have you not noticed all the people afk during a game? Taking up slots.
I meant donors can get kicked and allow new players (non-donor) to join, and when the donors are done being AFK they can join again. But yes I've seen the AFK people and there's nothing wrong waiting for the match to end since you died early on. Unless you are talking about tributes being AFK, then that' a different story.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
I meant donors can get kicked and allow new players (non-donor) to join, and when the donors are done being AFK they can join again. But yes I've seen the AFK people and there's nothing wrong waiting for the match to end since you died early on. Unless you are talking about tributes being AFK, then that' a different story.
I'm talking about the myriads of people during a game who just sit on their stands waiting to be killed

ThePineapple

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm talking about the myriads of people during a game who just sit on their stands waiting to be killed
Oh, see i have only seen maybe 2 of those types of people, so I wouldn't know how large of a problem it is, so I'll just butt out of this conversation.

Artemis

Spectator
Reaction score
Chad announced it on the News and Announcements in which you could apply for a moderator position. It did, however, say that you needed to have an age of 18+ in order to apply.

The format and e-mail to send it to is located at the bottom of the post here: It's time to talk about the Rules...

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
Chad announced it on the News and Announcements in which you could apply for a moderator position. It did, however, say that you needed to have an age of 18+ in order to apply.

The format and e-mail to send it to is located at the bottom of the post here: It's time to talk about the Rules...
I have already applied bro, I just was suggesting that these apps should be on the forums for organization, and chad agrees.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are trying to make all of the spam protection custom and "in house" because of efficiency issues. More plugins, more points on breaking and causing stability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci