• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

lobby suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RansomHD

Survivor
Reaction score
have like a section of the lobby where its specifically designed for people looking for teams.

anyone looking to team go to this room, then ppl on teams leave the room and you then if your on your own can see if anyones in the room and ask them if they want to team, instead of spamming everyone else

i dont know why i am helping ppl team, i personally hate them and never team myself

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
I like that idea. Maybe I can build off of it. Players who go in a room together, there are separate rooms for each team you want to be a part of. Each team has a specific number. When the game starts, you and your teammates will be tagged with a color next to your name, or some sort of body identification tool (Maybe a colored hat). You can still betray your teammates, but you at least know people who have attempted to be a part of your team. If you want to really make the team system better, you can add a plugin. Maybe with the command /teammate (Insert name here) you can add someone to a pre-established team. Once on your team, they will be marked specifically for you and him to see each other. If anything, this would be a great addition to the Survival games IMO :)

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are other rooms right now and specific corners people can meet if they want to team. Even if we add a feature like this people will still continue to ask in the chat anyway

oExistence

Survivor
Reaction score
If so, there should be a server dedicated for that, and that only. Plus there would need to be a auto-faction of where teams auto-balance so it wouldn't be unfair.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If so, there should be a server dedicated for that, and that only. Plus there would need to be a auto-faction of where teams auto-balance so it wouldn't be unfair.
You act like we can, and would implement this at the push of a button. We're not going to change the way the game is played.

oExistence

Survivor
Reaction score
You act like we can, and would implement this at the push of a button. We're not going to change the way the game is played.
I'm saying if it did happen. It would be a Bunny Lover to code in the first place.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't like any of these ideas. I don't think teamers should be promoted that much from where they are now, and having a seperate room for each team would be kind of useless in my opinion. I do agree it would be useful, and I would want to use it if it was there, but I'd rather it just wasn't there at all.

I think qqopp's idea is completely awful (with all due respect). I have accidentally killed a team mate twice before, and it was an accident, but that's all part of the game. You should know who is on your team, you shouldn't be able to immediately recognize them if they have a special sort of object. Just recognize them by their skin. Or just look at the name on top.

oExistence's idea sounds fun, but that's a completely different game. I'd play it if it was on a server, but should not be done for any of these servers.

ChA0SrAiN

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't personally think that there is any way to stop Team chat spamming.
It would be like trying to split water from slightly saltier water - difficult, and not worth the trouble.

I have to agree with HalfSquirrel, in that making separate rooms for teams and non-teams would be useless, as the chat would still be spammed, and some would be too lazy to go into their respective areas anyways. They're only in the lobby for 5 minutes in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci