• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Leaving to avoid death should result in losing points

Status
Not open for further replies.

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
I've come across a few problematic things in my time of playing on these servers but one of the most frustrating and cheap is when a player leaves to avoid them being killed. By leaving they are avoiding death which reduces the victim's points and it prevents the attacker getting the kill which increases the other player's points. (I know points are a bit buggy at the moment but let's assume they are not).

I was recently in a scenario where i was being chased from the very start by a guy punching me as soon as he got close enough. I managed to create a bit of distance between us and used F5 to check if he was still chasing me, which he was. I reached a chest and found a Stone Sword, so i promptly turned around to face him. A second later he stopped dead in the water and disconnected, clearly logging out to avoid being killed. This has happened several times in the past couple of weeks and it's getting more and more common as time goes on.

What i am suggesting is that if a player leaves once the game has started the player loses a certain amount of points. This would help to prevent those leaving to avoid being killed. The attacker still won't get the points for finishing the job but at least the victim would still lose out if he attempts to quit the game to avoid such a fate.

I am hoping something like this is planned for when Beta ends and if not that it may be considered for the future.

Cameron1138

Tribute
Reaction score
That would be a good idea. Hopefully it would only take points from people who leave on purpose, and not from people who lose their connection.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No this will get alot of hates of people with bad connection, I sometimes hav bad conection and get out of memory... But you should miss points if a alive player have damaged you for up to 4 or 5 minutes before (that player MUST not logg out self) or/and if a player is near...

Dean

Career
Reaction score
It's not the best system, because if you lost connection to the server, it would take your points away, which isn't fair.

I think it's a matter of utilitarianism.

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
"The next build to this plugin penalizes logouts and rewards the last player attacked by the points. So this battleloging is completely taken care of next update."

Brilliant, thanks. He also makes it sound like that the plugin can tell the difference between a disconnection and a logout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci