• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lag On Mcgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsgbro

Survivor
Reaction score
There has been alot of server lag recently and was wondering if there is anything you can do.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would entirely depend on what is really happening, firstly, if you are encountering any FPS lag, meaning frame rates per second, then that would mean you have too many things downloaded on your computer, or that your computer can't handle that much memory.

If you get any internet lag, then, basically it is your internet that is the problem, meaning that it is pretty slow, and there are various ways to fixing it, maybe getting closer to the router or just turning it off and on again, otherwise, you can always contact your internet service provider.

Otherwise, you will be experiencing Ping lag, meaning that the ping is way too high, for example, the US servers are hosted in California (I think). And maybe you're all the way in Europe or elsewhere around the world, then you would have issues with that, however, to get a little bit better ping, you can always go on the EU, CA, or AU servers, depending on your location.

Hopefully this helped, have a nice day! :)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
It would entirely depend on what is really happening, firstly, if you are encountering any FPS lag, meaning frame rates per second, then that would mean you have too many things downloaded on your computer, or that your computer can't handle that much memory.

If you get any internet lag, then, basically it is your internet that is the problem, meaning that it is pretty slow, and there are various ways to fixing it, maybe getting closer to the router or just turning it off and on again, otherwise, you can always contact your internet service provider.

Otherwise, you will be experiencing Ping lag, meaning that the ping is way too high, for example, the US servers are hosted in California (I think). And maybe you're all the way in Europe or elsewhere around the world, then you would have issues with that, however, to get a little bit better ping, you can always go on the EU, CA, or AU servers, depending on your location.

Hopefully this helped, have a nice day! :)
I think I was more helpful NOT

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
It's most likely 'your' internet or you may have too many un-needed programs open. Simply, exit out of un-needed programs to reduce getting low fps.
Another thing you can do is download Optifine at Optifine.net and put all the setting to the lowest to give you a more fps. Or allocate more memory to minecraft!

Hope this helped!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Lag will always be a problem for people, but your issue varies on whether it is FPS lag or internet lag?

If it is FPS lag, try turning down your video settings if you haven't already or try allocating more RAM toward Minecraft (there is little difference in allocating more RAM, but it can be a big help in preventing lagspikes)

For internet lag, it is most likely either you, or our developers. We are currently testing things and there may be some server drop-offs. If it is in fact you, try restarting your router, etc.

Seeing as this is also very short and could have been a status update, I will proceed to lock this thread. Do not hesitate to shoot me an Inbox about any further questions, have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci