• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kill assists

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know weather this could actually be implemented but it happens in any competitive multiplayer game. You're there, chasing down a kill, you're so close aaaannndd... Kill steal. Someone pegs the guy with an arrow and steals the last hit and the points which come with the kill.
I do understand the strategy of waiting to engage until the last moment, as to minimise the danger to yourself, but if the 2nd to last player to deal damage to another player perhaps got 1/2 the normal reward or maybe a bit less, like in most FPS'
So if the current reward is 2.5% of the victims points, the assist receives 2.0% or 1.5%
Mebbeh?

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know weather this could actually be implemented but it happens in any competitive multiplayer game. You're there, chasing down a kill, you're so close aaaannndd... Kill steal. Someone pegs the guy with an arrow and steals the last hit and the points which come with the kill.
I do understand the strategy of waiting to engage until the last moment, as to minimise the danger to yourself, but if the 2nd to last player to deal damage to another player perhaps got 1/2 the normal reward or maybe a bit less, like in most FPS'
So if the current reward is 2.5% of the victims points, the assist receives 2.0% or 1.5%
Mebbeh?
^^^^^
The Meerkat Approves this Message

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This was suggested before, and I believe it was by the one that approved this message.

I disagree. I think this game is all about the kill stealing if you want it to be. That's a strategy aspect of the game, as a strategy for getting points. I don't think kill assists would be fun, and the whole point of MCSG is that it differs from most online killing games. And this is one aspect that isn't the same as those games. I think the game is fine the way it is.
We've all stolen kills and had kills stolen from us, but is it really that big of a deal? And we are not a FPS, and never will be.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This was suggested before, and I believe it was by the one that approved this message.

I disagree. I think this game is all about the kill stealing if you want it to be. That's a strategy aspect of the game, as a strategy for getting points. I don't think kill assists would be fun, and the whole point of MCSG is that it differs from most online killing games. And this is one aspect that isn't the same as those games. I think the game is fine the way it is.
We've all stolen kills and had kills stolen from us, but is it really that big of a deal? And we are not a FPS, and never will be.
If I'm honest I'd rather have just wins and no points.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I disagree, an, help me, what is FPS?
First person shooter
Call of Duty and such.

I get where you're coming from.
The reason I suggested it is because my friend who I team with a lot gets all mad over who gets the kill. To be honest I would rather not have points at all, but they are kinda fun to go for and its a decent representation of a players PvP skill

Deduffer96

Spectator
Reaction score
I personally don't give much regard to the points counter.

However, if an assist system were to be implemented, surely they would have to spilt the points between the people involved according to their damage done, as opposed to a 2.0% and 2.5% split. Otherwise might people just take one hit on everyone for 2% of their points when they die?

This is considering that (as far as I know) even if someone you have hit has regenerated since, if they die by, for example falling you still get the points for the kill. Therefore meaning that you will be able to get assist points even if they get killed by someone minutes later and I think it wouldn't make sense to get 2% for that.

FortiPlex

Experienced
Reaction score
Eeehhh..I look at the Hunger Games as something brutal and unfair. If you were to add an assist system, what's the point? It's going to be like Call of Duty but without guns. Perhaps, if someone killed who you were trying to kill, you can kill that person and take extra points because he took your kill.

Just mah opinion though.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Eeehhh..I look at the Hunger Games as something brutal and unfair. If you were to add an assist system, what's the point? It's going to be like Call of Duty but without guns. Perhaps, if someone killed who you were trying to kill, you can kill that person and take extra points because he took your kill.

Just mah opinion though.
Heh, the opinions are appreciated! :3
The idea wasn't anything serious, just throwing it out there, but it's nice to discuss these things, at least for me :D

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
the thing is.... you may as well punch every person in the game at spawn and wait for them to die then u get points for free.... kinda stupid and wouldn't fit the hunger games.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the thing is.... you may as well punch every person in the game at spawn and wait for them to die then u get points for free.... kinda stupid and wouldn't fit the hunger games.
Nah but that's not how a kill assist works, you only get the the 'assist' if you dealt damage within a certain timeframe before the victims death, around 2 or 3 seconds and that is only applied to the last person you hit, so of you switch targets, you only get an assist for the most recent one.
But anyway, it's just a thought, nothing serious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci