• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kids/Adults, etc that logout before death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
elaborate on what these do... i'm way to lazy to click on random links. Do they prevent you from exiting MC while in combat? or do they prevent you from re-entering a server if you did so?
I have a lot of issues with all the suggestions to prevent people from leaving a game while in combat. My PC sometimes just can't handle all the chunk info being launched at it while i'm sprinting for my life, often resulting in my client crashing or running out of memory.
I don't want to be disadvantaged because my computer is not as good as someone else's...

meteo

Spectator
Reaction score
When u logout, your character remains for a set amt of time, 10 seconds on default, and if killed, it counts. After the time limit, they finally logout though, when already logged out.

Koala

Tribute
Reaction score
THIS.
That would show all those higher people in the leaderboard! :D

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
mmk, i guess it would shut up all those idiots complaining about not getting items and kills...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This seems good to me. I hate when people are cheap like that. Also, not all people in the top cheat like that, some are actually good!

Shak

Spectator
Reaction score
Its all about the points. The only reason most people do this is to not loose points. I have over 1k and when you die you loose 50 points. That is why people do this.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
But it's not fair if you do that. I lost about 30 points today, I'm just gonna go for another win tomorrow... Either way, you are already a top player if you have that much and most people have about 100. You are still gonna be well known for your score even if you lose 1 time. It's also giving other players a chance to get their score up because if people about to die keep leaving, then no one will get points. Kind of unfair for those new players out there, which if you haven't noticed, come hourly spread out through the servers.

Nistune

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont think that logging out is fair at all. Losing 50 points at 1000 is the equivalent to a person at 100 losing 5. Dying and losing said points is part of the game, how many of the people that do this deserve those ranks when every time they are about to be killed they have logged out? They have taken points from countless others to get as high as they are, but as soon as someone lower than them manages to kill them, god forbid that person should be given points like they would have been! It is NOT fair on those who have lower scores, who scrape to get any points because those higher either dominate and win, or log out when faced with death.

There should definitely be something in place so that people who log out while a tribute you should drop your items and lose the amount of points you would have by getting killed.

Obviously im not saying that every person with a high score practices this, but a good number of them do, including donators who can log out without fear of not being able to get back on.

tl;dr Deal with it, cry more etc.

Syranita

Tribute
Reaction score
They POINTS people! Not money or anything REAL!
But wouldn't it be fair to have a better point system so those who cared about it could have a more balanced leaderboard instead of people who just leave before getting killed?

Also the time people spent on getting these points are real, they do it while having fun and as a competition among each other, it should be fair so people dont feel they get cheated.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
The plugin isn't finished, they're working on a good solution to this AND an adjusted point system so you don't lose fifty if you have a lot of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci