• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Join a random game" - Feature suggestion

Reaction score
To make joining games even easier, I thought maybe you could add a sign/command that puts you in queue to join a random lobby with an open spot. This could allow someone to go semi AFK (browse the internet, chat with someone on skype, etc) and join a game at the same time, which would make stuff a lot easier in my opinion.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
This actually doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
I do actually like this idea. I think the only problem with it is that there could be an enormous queue that would get clogged up.

Pavonem

Spectator
Reaction score
I have played on a server before which had a kinda similiar system. The way it works is that ypu type in an ip, lets say eu.mcsg.in then you would be redirected to an open server. If all eu servers are full atm you would be put in an queue.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Or, instead of having it put you into a queue, maybe just an IP such as "random.mcgamer.net" and it connects you to the first open lobby it sees, and if there are no open slots in a Lobby then it disconnects you with a message such as "Sorry, but all the Lobbies are full."

Reaction score
I do actually like this idea. I think the only problem with it is that there could be an enormous queue that would get clogged up.
That may be true, but IMO it can be a giant pain to join a game, you gotta pay attention to all the signs, and 50% of the times you won't get in (also depending on the time you are playing it). I'd would be much more relaxing in my opinion to just sit back, do whatever you want to do and eventually end up in a game.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Or, instead of having it put you into a queue, maybe just an IP such as "random.mcgamer.net" and it connects you to the first open lobby it sees, and if there are no open slots in a Lobby then it disconnects you with a message such as "Sorry, but all the Lobbies are full."
Well not a new server but if there was just a command that did that.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Well not a new server but if there was just a command that did that.
A command, an IP, a sign to right click on, etc. Whichever one wouldn't really matter.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Not bad of an idea. So if you are a normal member and you are having trouble finding a server the sign will send you to any server that has a slot open for you. That would be really helpful to a lot of people on here.

Reactions: Le0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci