• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Instead of censoring the chat..

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
If someone curses, it will say this.

^$%^ You!

But my idea, is that instead of just blocking the curse word, block the whole sentence altogether from even being sent. - Aswell as warning them briefly what they're doing wrong by sending them a automated messege and if it continues you will automatically be kicked.

So no one is offended by the sentence. Obviously everyone knows what they meant, so what's the point of censoring it when you can just block it from being sent altogether?

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Because that would increase the chances of people using ways to bypass the censors. That way we would see more of the actual swear words and less things being censored.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Because that would increase the chances of people using ways to bypass the censors. That way we would see more of the actual swear words and less things being censored.
It would change nothing from what we have now, where people are constantly bypassing the swear filter anyways.

I think there would be problems with it, but I see where you're coming from. For one, you would need to make it track how many times this person has sworn and whether they've been kicked or not before, because if they're just repetitively getting kicked swearing doesn't really need to be against the rules. Also, people could swear all they wanted. People just wouldn't see it.

Unless it was made so that it automatically punishes the person more severely if they've already been kicked by it in the past, then it would be useless in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci