• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Incentives for reporting hackers successfully.

Add an Incentive for successfully reporting a player hacking?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy_cracken

Tribute
Reaction score
Greetings to the community of MCSG,

I have a feature suggestion regarding the process of reporting hackers on the forums to have them removed from the community. In my case, I record a lot of hackers almost on a daily basis or whenever the time is right. I recently cleared 400Gb of raw movie footage approximately, stored on my computer of which most was clips of suspected hackers. I don't have the fastest internet speed or PC so have to go to a reasonable amount of effort to report the many hackers on MCSG (I play EU mostly so don't know the situation with this on US, CA or AU). I sacrifice time I could be spending playing as while I am rendering the footage my FPS drops, while I upload the footage my ping rises.

Therefore I came up with the idea that some sort of incentive or motive could be given to those who successfully report a player hacking on MCSG. This could be via a set amount of points for example given to the player who reported the hacker or some sort of rank or title as a sign of accomplishment when you have reported x amount of hackers? I mean the ideas are numerous. I feel that if an incentive was given like this then maybe a lot more players would take the time to record and edit the footage to upload and compile reports of hackers, other than just get frustrated about it and do nothing.

Even giving something like the chance to win donor ranks where to enter the competition your name will be added if you made a successful few reports of hackers. Another example is as simple as a humorous badge or title you receive in your forum profile/signature etc.

Vote up!

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
This has been suggested way too often, with the issue being that people would report people for either nothing, or for the tiniest things like spamming accidently, etc. We REALLY appreciate all the work you guys put into the community, but you should be reporting people to make the community a better place rather than expecting a reward. I'm going to lock the thread since there are already multiple suggestions like this, and because it won't be added. Sorry.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
It would definitely increase the influx of reports, but the success rate would likely decrease, as people would be hungry for the rewards, and will report anything they record.

Although, this idea is implemented pretty well in other games. I can't think of some reward that could be granted, which isn't too 'good'. Maybe after 50-100 SUCCESSFUL reports of hackers, you are put into a raffle of 100 other players who have also met the requirements, and the winner of that raffle gets iron/gold donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci