• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Improving MCGamer's Variety of Gamemodes

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
I've been noticing a lot of people leaving because MCSG is just plain boring. I honestly think the staff members are too focused on MCSG though it doesn't need to be. I think other servers such as ZedChase and TIMV should come up, and also have more new gamemodes added. Otherwise, MCGamer is going to be forever boring :/

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'd rather have original things rather than TIMV.

Either way, I think it's more important to get the main game mode working effectively before starting with other things. The recent update always brings bugs and such. With Catching Fire releasing, there ill be people looking for a Hunger Games game and we better have good SG.

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
It would be cool to see TIMV (that is my favorite game mode)

I would recommend an arcade or such area where you can have lots of smaller minigames like TIMV and such

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd rather have original things rather than TIMV.

Either way, I think it's more important to get the main game mode working effectively before starting with other things. The recent update always brings bugs and such. With Catching Fire releasing, there ill be people looking for a Hunger Games game and we better have good SG.
Mineplex tried to be original, there only fun game is Dragon Escape

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Mineplex tried to be original, there only fun game is Dragon Escape
Dragons is an amazing game. I can play that a ton, and it's original. I'd want something new for MCSG, something you'd actually come here for.

And Turf Wars is fun too. I really like Mineplex.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
We were starting work on getting our other gamemodes (ZedChase, MCTF2, etc.) up, however the 1.7 update took priority for obvious reasons. Now that the 1.7 stuff is mostly stable and mostly out of the way, we'll be able to do more work on them.

Regarding the TIMV comment - we have no plans to do anything like TIMV, and even if we did I personally wouldn't be able to work on it (NDA reasons, since I used to work on TIMV myself).

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
To be truthful, like Forairan had said gamemodes are trying to be fixed. And it is there reasoning to leave the community. If I didn't like it, would I stay? But to add on to it I do think that there should be, and will be more fun games coming in the future!:)

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Boring? I find the intensity and gameplay of SG to be very fun and though ZedChase, TF2 and others should be added back up, MCGamer should focus mostly on Survival Games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci