• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea to Catch Hackers [Suggestion]

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I know many people who have found a hacker and does not know how to get a moderator, cannot find one, or the chat is moving too fast for any moderator to see.
I have came up with an idea for people to type in a command that sends an alert to any staff member on the server. The alert would have the person who send it, the person who they think is hacking, and the server. The moderators would see this and come and help.

The command would be like- /hacker [Name of hacker] US23

The moderator would then see it and go to that server.
This idea could be tweaked but it is an idea.
This could be a great way for moderators to find hackers quickly.
Please give your opinion! :)
Thanx

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'd like for this to be implemented, but just think of all the false hackusations that would be reported! :eek:
Simply put, it would be much too spammy for the staff members IMO. We'd need way more staff members, and probably a way of filtering them so that staff members can only receive so many reports, such as 1 report is sent to each staff member online in a rotation (Such as alphabetical) and then once every staff member has received a report, the rotation starts all over again.

Also, a command to resolve hacker reports, perhaps?

Reaction score
Wait, I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but if it hasn't I'm sorry :s

Now, let's say the mod/staff actually got the message, they would hop on and make do of the investigation and get in with the ban, now to that I agree.
But, people might abuse this command in various ways EXP:

User: you hack nub, reporting you!
Player: I don't hack
User: /hacker player eu69

*Mod pops in*

Sees no hacks what so ever, which consist on wasting time of the staff member itself and there moderation duties, they might have something else important that they have to take into consideration, but apparently someone accused players of hacks.

I personally disagree with this, as the staff would get so many un-nessacary pokes/messages indicating there is a presumable hacker in this server.

But, opinions heard, opinion kept :D

Unknown :s

Reaction score
I'd like for this to be implemented, but just think of all the false hackusations that would be reported! :eek:
Simply put, it would be much too spammy for the staff members IMO. We'd need way more staff members, and probably a way of filtering them so that staff members can only receive so many reports, such as 1 report is sent to each staff member online in a rotation (Such as alphabetical) and then once every staff member has received a report, the rotation starts all over again.

Also, a command to resolve hacker reports, perhaps?
The alphabetical order may cause some problems, now please be clear on how your going to take my statement.
Presume somebody uses the command and perhaps there is a user that's on but disguised, he does not receive the report and can't do anything about it, but people would also be able to exploit the command by spamming, accusations and much more I can list, but that would require a 2 page essay :D

My bad, double post... Sorry! <3

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Wait, I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but if it hasn't I'm sorry :s

Now, let's say the mod/staff actually got the message, they would hop on and make do of the investigation and get in with the ban, now to that I agree.
But, people might abuse this command in various ways EXP:

User: you hack nub, reporting you!
Player: I don't hack
User: /hacker player eu69

*Mod pops in*

Sees no hacks what so ever, which consist on wasting time of the staff member itself and there moderation duties, they might have something else important that they have to take into consideration, but apparently someone accused players of hacks.

I personally disagree with this, as the staff would get so many un-nessacary pokes/messages indicating there is a presumable hacker in this server.

But, opinions heard, opinion kept :D

I understand the mods may get a ton of false reports but on the bright side is that there may be many people who actually find hackers and are correct. Mods always get false reports and messages in the hub now. This is just an easier way for people to get the attention of players who find hackers.

Reaction score
I understand the mods may get a ton of false reports but on the bright side is that there may be many people who actually find hackers and are correct. Mods always get false reports and messages in the hub now. This is just an easier way for people to get the attention of players who find hackers.
Just think of the predictable false information the staff and players will be getting, if one players constantly uses the command and all of the reports are false, staff would most likely loose a bit of trust in him.

:s

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Just think of the predictable false information the staff and players will be getting, if one players constantly uses the command and all of the reports are false, staff would most likely loose a bit of trust in him.

:s
What about all the hackers they would find. I mean a moderator could tell is a player is spamming this command and warn the player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci