• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea for dead people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poaji

Spectator
Reaction score
Most people know that if you are the first person to die it becomes very boring to sit and fly around the people that are playing. This boredom causes many people to rage-quit, and soon their rage-quitting spot on the server will be filled, which fills up the chat box and is very distracting to all the people playing.

My idea is to have a room, much like the pregame room, where people can go around and actually practice things like shooting bows or sword work. (This is the same concept as the pregame room except you can actually open the chests and take stuff out.) please get back to me.
Thanks
T.George

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maybe when you die, you spawn back to the lobby, and you could have a command like /spec games to watch the games, or you could have /warp lobby to go back to lobby.

Supernerd

Tribute
Reaction score
Poaj, they do have a practicing room, but it does not work yet, or is still in progress, and hwracer, you already do spectate, but the warp/lobby thing would only sorta be useful if the training room actually worked so you could work on your skills while waiting for the next game to start.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Agree, we could also be in creative in the Lobby/Training Room, so everyone can get rhe bows and whatever without having the chests. There are plugins which turn people into survival and clear their inventories when the games start.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with hwracer and Supernerd. But if you get bored of that, you can always just switch to a different server in the lobby or almost in the lobby.

Maybe make it so the tributes can turn off seeing the chat (/chat or /toggle chat)? They can do f1 but that makes your inventory disappear too...

Supernerd

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, the tributes can't see the spectators chat, and the tributes can only hear the other tributes within a certain amount of blocks, like, if someone is 60 blocks or closer, you'll be able to 'hear' them, but if they're not, you can't. So I don't see the point in that really, plus, if you toggled the chat so you can't see anything, you can't get the servers mini 'updates' on the game, with how many players are left, etc.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, the tributes can't see the spectators chat, and the tributes can only hear the other tributes within a certain amount of blocks, like, if someone is 60 blocks or closer, you'll be able to 'hear' them, but if they're not, you can't. So I don't see the point in that really, plus, if you toggled the chat so you can't see anything, you can't get the servers mini 'updates' on the game, with how many players are left, etc.
Maybe if you could toggle it so you don't see when someone leaves/joins? Or only see the mini messages and updates and stuff?
And either way, shouldn't turning the chat invisible have it's downsides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci