• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I was just playing fine and now its not letting me connect to any of your servers

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
Why? I just finished a game on SG4 and when I went to go reconnect to the server it isn't letting me. "connection refused" no further information:

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
This may have been client side, your network error or the server may have been down. Try connect to the other servers. If you can do that then it's not client side. Try reset your modem/router. Still can't connect? Try contact your network provider. Finally a case may be that the servers may have been temporarily down. That's not your fault and it should be fixed shortly.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Hello Johnnycentral1,

When you experience this error, are you also experiencing the error: Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException? This may occur before or after you've had the error described above, which is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: /<IP ADDRESS>

If you've received these errors around roughly the same time, then the solution rests in a Minecraft-related bug. This error is thrown by corrupted server data which is believed to be formed by a bug in the way Minecraft servers save and backup data. Since I've already addressed this exact issue in a similar post in more detail (and because I feel it would be creating a duplicate post), I'm going to link you to the thread with my response: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/internal-exception.72810/#post-836211

This is the only recent error that I can think of that would be causing your connection to be refused. If you don't remember whether these errors were around the same time, or the other error I posted looks familiar, then this is likely what is affecting you. It's not an error with your computer, your Internet or our servers; it's a bug in Minecraft itself and has been affecting multiple networks (though some more frequently than others).

Hopefully you've been able to connect since you've posted this thread! I hope to see around! Happy holidays! :]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci