• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hub Portal to Join Lobby with Most Players

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to suggest a feature that the developers implement a portal into the hub. When you go inside the portal, it will take you to a MCSG lobby with the most amount of players. I seen a few servers doing this and it is quite fast to go into a lobby and start the game.

The picture below is showing an example of how Mineplex uses portals to connect players into a lobby with the most players automatically.

I'm not sure this idea has been suggested but I would really like to see implemented it into the hub. It would be more easier for people to join the game, isn't it? :D

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
This would actually be a great idea.
I wouldn't use it though because I always find myself playing in servers with low amounts of people

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Great idea, like Gamer101luke i try to join low player lobbies.... the only thing i would find is that if there's only 1 portal and 2,3,4 or more people went in at once would it screw up?? if not.. then I have absolutely no problem with it and wouldn't mind if it were implemented :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It definitely wouldn't work with lowest players, because there are so many servers that always have 0, but there are also the many many servers in lobby that are full which would have 24 players. Also, what about the 48 player servers, and the 120 player server? How would those get included in the mix? And what if you are a non-donor and the server is full? Did you just waste your time trying to enter that portal?

All the above issues can be easily fixed, for example by doing highest percentage of players from the maximum would work for 48/120, but it would probably be a lot of effort to make non-donors join not full servers and donors join full ones.

Another definite issue, and this is probably a fairly big one even though it might not seem like it, the portal would make lots of very annoying noise. We shouldn't need to have people turning off their sound and then back on when they're in a game just because they were near the portal for a bit.

A final issue, what if there are like 23/24 and someone joins with the signs at the same time someone uses the portal. The person with the sign gets in, and the person that went through the portal is still in the hub and has to try again. That would be annoying, even though it's not a big deal, and it could also be confusing when you're not expecting it.

Oliver_Hill

Diamond
Reaction score
sounds like a great idea would love to see it implemented but like halfsquirrel said it would need to be made so non donors aren't trying to join full lobbies and the donors are able to get into full lobbies

CalebDob

Survivor
Reaction score
Cool idea, but if you're like me, you want to play with friends. So it would be quite hard to get in with your friends.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Cool idea, but if you're like me, you want to play with friends. So it would be quite hard to get in with your friends.
You could still join using the normal server joining method I assume, this would just be an extra.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci