• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hub Building Contest?

Hub Build Contest?

• Total voters
J

Joel/MadDawg

Community Build Contests have always been a part of mcsg. The kitpvp, PMC, and lobby build competitions have led to the creation of some of the most iconic and well designed maps in mcgamer. These contests have not only allowed great builds to become known, but they have also given the builders of mcgamer something to unite together in the spirit of competition over.

Why do I bring this up? Because while watching Dave's livestream today I saw TE working on a new hub. While I have had no problems with the past TE hubs, I think a large portion of the mcgamer community would like to see a hub built by someone else to spice things up. So I propose that mcgamer hosts a hub contest, where build teams get approximately three weeks to complete a build and upload it to the mcsg forums.

Notes about hypothetical contest:
- Build teams would be allowed only one entry in the contest.
- Like previously stated, the contest would be for three weeks/one month.
- A panel of judges would review every map (similar to the kitpvp contest).
- Each hub would have to fit some requirements, like a certain number of portals, etc.
- I am aware that TE has done a lot of work on their new hub already, so they could enter it into the contest and/or give up on it and take this time to focus on other projects.

That's all I can think of right now, please give me feedback on this idea and what could be improved about it :D

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I feel as if MCGamer had a contest, one big Build Team would win...and that build team would most likely be Invictus unless Team Elite competed as well...but I wouldn't even be mad considering I could help build for both :p

J

Joel/MadDawg

I feel as if MCGamer had a contest, one big Build Team would win...and that build team would most likely be Invictus unless Team Elite competed as well...but I wouldn't even be mad considering I could help build for both :p
If they built the best hub I would be perfectly happy with them winning. The point of this contest would be to inspire people to make amazing hubs, and if you're going by past contests the big build teams don't always win. For example, a couple of unknown builders came out of nowhere to crush the kitpvp contest.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
I didn't read the thread, but I just wanted to say based on the idea of a Building Contest for the Hub.

The "map committee" (huehue) will probably not like this, and even if it did happen it'd be like the BG contest - it'd take forever for Dave to actually even remember about it.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I didn't read the thread, but I just wanted to say based on the idea of a Building Contest for the Hub.

The "map committee" (huehue) will probably not like this, and even if it did happen it'd be like the BG contest - it'd take forever for Dave to actually even remember about it.
Ya I came in ninth in that contest... The top 25 were supposed to be added... He only added the top three... That contest ended up being a huge disappointment to me and many others. Hopefully if a hub contest happened Dave would be more prompt than he was in the BG contest.
I'm guessing you're not a builder, because when you are one these contests are a ton of fun. Besides, are you opposed to the idea of having an awesome community-built hub?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would love to see some more contests, and a hub contest would be sweet. It'd be great to force people to think creatively and put their full effort to make some awesome hubs to win.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

That is very rude i never forgot about the BG contest i was just really busy and BG was not ready for the maps at the time i never said the maps would be added instantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci