• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to insert pictures into forum posts

DatCreeperSlayer

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am here today to show how you can insert a picture into a post on the forums that you have created. Whether it's a funny .gif, or a piece of evidence that proves someone spamming or swearing, here's how to do it in a few easy steps. (With pictures!!)

Step 1: Find the image that you would like to post. If it's a .gif or any sort of picture you'd like to put in your forum post, simply look for it on the internet. However, if it's a minecraft screenshot (the one you get when pressing F2 in game) this may be a bit different.

If you're on Windows (Vista, 7, or 8) you're going to want to open your start menu
Its the circular windows logo in the bottom left of your screen

Then once clicked on, click into the bar that says "search programs and files" and type %appdata%

Click on the folder that says roaming

Upon clicking the roaming folder, your computer will open up a new window, where you will be presented with a few different folders, open the one that says .minecraft

Then click on the "screenshots" folder

Upon opening this folder, you will find all the screen captures that you have made in game so far, if there are no images in this folder, then that means you haven't made any yet, to do so, simply press F2 any time in game and it will be saved to this screenshots folder, get experimenting with the screen capture function if you haven't already, its a lot of fun!

Step 2: Uploading the image to an image sharing site. For simplicity I'm going to use my preferred site which is photobucket, I find it easy to use and upload photos, however the principal is the same for any photo sharing site, others include imgur, do some research if you don't like photobucket.

The first thing you're going to need to do is create an account, it's as easy as making an account on the forums and should only take you about a minute. Once finished, click on the upload button at the top of the screen

Now after that is done, go ahead and open the screenshots folder in your .minecraft that we found earlier. Make it small, and drag it next to the photobucket upload screen that you have open, your screen should look something like this.

Now after that simply click and drag any screenshots you wish to upload over to the box that says "drag n' drop your photos and videos" photobucket will then begin to upload any photos that you have dragged into the box, and they will be placed in your "library" This can be done with pictures other than minecraft screenshots, such as selfies pictures of yourself.

Step 3 Inserting the pictures into a forum post: Now that the pictures have been uploaded, they are ready for the forums! The first step is to find these pictures in photobucket, and they can be found at the top of the screen, to the right of home, and the left of connect.

From there, find the picture you are looking for, and open it individually by clicking on it

Once open, right click on the picture, and select the option "copy image url"

Then, on the forum post you are making, click the icon in the creator that looks like a tree

Then, paste the url you copied from photobucket, into the box, and click insert

And there you have it! To insert a photo from the internet, use the same method, however instead of uploading it to photbucket, right click on the image, copy the url, and paste it into the insert box above. I hope this guide has helped you, I'm not sure if it's been done already, and if so my apologies.

CreeperSlayer999

MiracleShockMC

Tribute
Reaction score
Hai. I like you :D But where do you find the Forum Post? Im confused.

Last edited:

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
Very good and well detailed guide! This will certainly help a lot of people! :)

Moved to Community Guides.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci