• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to hotbar! The best guide to understanding which settings are best for your PVP sessions.

Was this helpful?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey, guys, you don't know me but that's beside the point. Today, I'm here to give you guys a few helpful tips on how to use your hotbar/number keys/scroll button to your advantage in minecraft PVP!

So, what's already obvious is that to have the potential to be good at PVP, you need to have weapons and utilities that will ultimately help you get that "extra kill", but sometimes we don't have the the quickest or most strategic ways to get the advantage of easy access to our tools.

Here's a few preliminary tips on how to organize your hotbar to your own likeness:
Sword/Melee- You want to make access to this weapon the quickest, seeing as it's the most likely and "classic" item that you're going to use for PVP. I mean, who thinks of the word "kill" and doesn't picture a weapon being involved? Well, maybe some of us. But my main point is, make the sword easily accessible, for example, put it in your first or second hotbar slot where you can easily move your finger one inch forwards and whip out the fury of your highly developed gamer-bred fingers!

Fishing Rod/Bow/Golden Apple/Flint And Steel(Items that tend to give you advantage over others)- Usually, these babies come in handy when you're able to access them in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 9th slot- Where you can easily move your fingers to swap out items either with your number keys or your scroll button! Put it this way: If you have your sword out in the 1st slot and want to make a quick switch to any of these items, you're already set up (if your inventory is organized like this) to make a quick switch and lay down a SWEET combo!

Hopefully, this helped you guys out in some way, shape, or form, and trust me- you'll be surprised with what you can accomplish now!

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Very well done written thread, goodjob!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good thread. I set up my inventory based on priority. There's no point of putting your bow in the closest slot if you could land a rod combo or a good FnS.

Silver_Games

Spectator
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering what other users hotbars are, here's mine:

1: Sword
2: FnS
3: Bow
4: Fishing Rod
5: Gapple
6: Food/extra fns
7. Food/cobweb/lava-bucket/fns
8. Food
9. Arrows

This setup fits me perfectly since I can't reach over the 3rd slot very well. I know, small hands. :(

DecembersDesire

Survivor
Reaction score
Here's my setup
1.sword
2.rod
3.bow
4.FnS
5.gapple
6.food/FnS
7.Food/FnS
8.Food
9.Food/FnS

Flint and steel is my bae c;

Budderunner

Survivor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if they have a hotbar arrangemnet like me? I feel like such a loner the way I do it
1. Sword
2. FnS
3. Rod
4. Extra Fns or Gapple
5. Food
6. Food
7. Food
8. arrows/tnt/webs
9. Bow

K

KiDD

Interesting and helpful guide! My hotbar arrangement is as follows:

1. FnS
2. Sword
3. Bow
4. Fishing Rod
5. Gapple(s)
6. Carrot(s)
7. Food
8. Food
9. Arrow(s)

Quite odd arrangement, but it is applicable, despite the fact I hotkey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci