• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How MCGamer can be Fixed

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Back to the Future - great movie. Set in 1985. They travelled 30 years into the future to now - 2015.

We are now the future.

Let's now turn our attention to MCGamer. Began in 2011. No-one could have pictured the server becoming what it is today - both in a positive and a negative way. The amount of popularity, great maps, fantastic community members and millions of players, thousands who join every day. And yet despite how far the server has come, people aren't happy.

And it is easy to see why. There just simply isn't enough in it for the community. A typical day of MCSG.
1. Login to Minecraft
2. Join MCGamer.
3. Join Survival Games
4. Play. Fight. Die. Win a couple of games.
5. Become frustrated when you lose.
6. Rage. Everyone suddenly turns into a hacker. Swearing. Angering other players.
7. Quit.

And this is normal.

I know I have felt this way. Many of you guys have felt this way. But we should not feel this way. But how do we fix it? Countless threads from players that complain about glitches and issues? Um...the issue isn't on the forums. The forums is great. Excellent design, good information.

The issue is the game.

But people seem to think that the SOLUTION is to go BACK. Guess what.

Not going to happen. Ever. The solution is the future.

Just like our time-travelling friends Dr. Emmett Brown and Marty McFly, we must enter the future. Starting today. 1.9 is just around the corner, and if the server is still stuck trying to revive the ancient gameplay of 2012 the player base is going to disappear.

People play MCGamer because they enjoy playing Survival Games with friends, or by themselves. There is a serious competitive side of MCGamer, but it's getting "toxic". The solution? We need to change how the server is set up, run, and how players interact with it.

Bob's 5 Solutions for the Server that Embrace the Future:
Solution 1: More community involvement with decisions.
- More polls
- More surverys
- More information on the forums about what is happening behind the scenes.
Solution 2: Better commitment and interaction with staff
- More mods in games and not sitting in the lobby.
- Easier way to communicate in-game (TeamSpeak isn't enough)
- Mod of the Week on the forums for the world to see
Solution 3: More community events
- Special seasonal events with seasonal maps
- Forums competitions (best youtube video, best graphics etc.)
- Prizes for winning and competing
Solution 4: Add more achievements and leaderboards
- Leaderboards for most deaths, most damage taken, arrows shot etc.
- Achievements for kills, wins, minutes played etc.
- Rewards for completing achievements
Solution 5: Better rewards for players just for playing
- Better lobby perks
- Make it easier to earn MCGamer credits (achievement rewards?)
- Add server voting to expand player base
Solution 6: Fix the Gameplay of MCSG
- Fix chests (tiering, locations and extra loot found around the map)
- Chest refill at 20 minutes and 10 minutes instead of 17 and 7
- Either remove the sidebar or make it better - it looks ugly
Solution 7: Get rid of 1.7 compatibility
- It adds a lot of bugs to game play (such as no knockback)
- Easier to code an Anti-Cheat if you are only focusing on one version of the game
- No unfair advantages (block-hitting??)

Embrace the Future. MCGamer - you're doing a lot right, but these things are essential if we are going to keep MCGamer alive when 1.9 updates.

TL;DR: Please read :( BobbyBoo_ out

Yachty

Quantum
Reaction score
Thread moved to MCGamer Feature Suggestions

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Everything seems like it's worsening because people are leaving.
Old players (as in 6+ months) leave for a few reasons:

1) They're sick of the trash talking.
2) They're too good for most of the players to compete.
3) Lag.
4) 1.7.
5) 1.8.
6) They were banned for some reason.
7) A corrupt staff banned them and their appeal hasn't been read for months.
8) They're sick of the repetitiveness and they want to move on.
9) They're growing out of it.

They're growing out of it.

That's my biggest point here. Through all of this, we're still just a bunch of teenagers (and now more than ever, tweens) and like it or not, we're growing up. We can't let this game be a part of us forever, and I think a lot of the older players are moving on. They're getting bored of Minecraft, they want to do other things. And as they seen younger kids replace them with bad moods stacked on top of the salt that already exists naturally in a competitive game, they don't see a future with MCSG, or even Minecraft. To me, it's a shift from the old MC to the new, and with it becomes players under sometimes much different circumstances to me.

Tl;dr:
kids born before 2005 are mostly moving on, so 2005+ kids are increasing.

Reaction score
I'm just saying, we don't need more achievements or hubs and stuff.
We need an actually good version. This is why everyone is frustrated, 'cause 1.9 sucks. Some people are not really going to play if the server becomes 1.9.

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
1.9 probably wont be used and mcsg wont update to it. I agree with all your decisions except for 'Either remove the sidebar or make it better - it looks ugly' cuz u can use a command called /sidebar minimize to make it look neater and I also don't agree with Solution 7 as mcsg did only make 1.8 allowed at one point but then go back to 1.7 and 1.8 due tot he community's demands.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm just saying, we don't need more achievements or hubs and stuff.
We need an actually good version. This is why everyone is frustrated, 'cause 1.9 sucks. Some people are not really going to play if the server becomes 1.9.
How can you say that when it hasn't even come out yet...

People say that about every version. People don't like change. People are leaving with 1.7/1.8 compatibility. Moving to one would help the community and get rid of the 1.7 tryhards. (NOT SAYING everyone who plays 1.7 is a tryhard btw)

Reaction score
How can you say that when it hasn't even come out yet...

People say that about every version. People don't like change. People are leaving with 1.7/1.8 compatibility. Moving to one would help the community and get rid of the 1.7 tryhards. (NOT SAYING everyone who plays 1.7 is a tryhard btw)
1.7 and 1.6 was some really hyped up versions, that were actually good.
1.8 didn't have that much impact on PvP but it still had some nice additions and building blocks.
You must've gone to minecraftforums.net 'cause there everyone complains about everything.
Yea, as you said it might be good, but still, I think the hate is justified, this is going to be like a slow paced MMORPG if they put in all these sh*tty flaming arrows and stuff.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, I say NO to poison arrows.....but shields will be nice. More realistic tbh

Reaction score
Yeah, I say NO to poison arrows.....but shields will be nice. More realistic tbh
No, PvP shouldn't be affected any more with stupid additions and elements like shields and sword damage timers.
They should just leave it like this.
Most people that say that PvP doesn't fit to this game and should just be removed or make it more peaceful, are just these idiots that started playing some years ago and only play survival and nothing else.

HippoTheNoodle

Survivor
Reaction score
1.7 and 1.6 was some really hyped up versions, that were actually good.
1.8 didn't have that much impact on PvP but it still had some nice additions and building blocks.
You must've gone to minecraftforums.net 'cause there everyone complains about everything.
Yea, as you said it might be good, but still, I think the hate is justified, this is going to be like a slow paced MMORPG if they put in all these sh*tty flaming arrows and stuff.
Everyone got mad when 1.7 came out because of the sprint key...

Reaction score
Everyone got mad when 1.7 came out because of the sprint key...
Yes, but most of the hate was because people thought now BPM was allowed and there was a lot of arguments about it.
It was something big, but you can't compare it to them adding elemental arrows, putting sword attack timers, shields and duel wields >.>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci