• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help with recording programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElliotPvP

Survivor
Reaction score
Tips for recording programs? I wanna get around 20 fps, and i usually have 30-40, so best recording programs? Please comment.

J

Jojo

Tips for recording programs? I wanna get around 20 fps, and i usually have 30-40, so best recording programs? Please comment.
Fraps is the best not-fps-abating recording software, for me. It's free but you can only record 30secs. Otherwise you have to buy the premium version. :/
Also you should render the videos before uploading it, as they are really big monsters :D

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
I use OBS. It's free. It's easy to use, and I don't get any lag while recording.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest to record if you are only getting 30-40FPS while playing without recording.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thread Moved to the General Support section.

If you are using a mac, I recommend Screenflow. It shouldn't affect your FPS. :)

For Windows, no idea.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Camtasia is pretty good. It's what I use and works well!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
For a Mac computer, there's really only one option - Screenflow.

For a Windows computer, I can there are three different programs that stand out:

FRAPS - $37 USD
FRAPS is most likely the best-known screen/game recording program.
There is a trial version which allows you to record for 30 seconds and leaves a watermark.
The full version costs $37 USD, and removes the length cap and watermark.
It has one large downfall - you need a good computer to run it. Seeing as you're getting 30-40 FPS, FRAPS is definitely not the program that is suited for you.
FRAPS will automatically lock your FPS at what it deems to be a stable FPS - on my old computer which could easily get 60 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 20. On my new computer which virtually never drops below 250 FPS, FRAPS locked my FPS at 90.

Dxtory - Price unknown, but definitely above $30.
This program is also very good, but is slightly less resource intensive, meaning it's easier to run on a not-very-good computer.
It has many more options and settings that you can play with, but those settings can make it a bit confusing at first. If you plan on using Dxtory, make sure that you download, install, and use something called "Lagarith Lossless Codec". You can Google search it, and find a YouTube tutorial.
While it is not as resource-intensive as FRAPS, you still need a fairly good computer (60+ FPS) to use. Dxtory can also lock your FPS, but is not as strict as FRAPS.

Open Broadcastwe Software - Free
Also called OBS, this program is probably the least laggy out of the programs listed. It is decently configurable, but what makes it stand apart from the rest is its price (or lack thereof), the fact that you can record different Scenes and Sources, and it's capability to livestream to websites like Twitch.TV.

For your purposes, I would recommend using Open Broadcaster Software. Free, the least laggy, and highly adjustable.
https://obsproject.com/

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Mooclan's suggestions are good, so I'd recommend one of those. I use Fraps (definitely my own account :p) and it works well.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Seeing that there are many suggestions, thread locked.
Please DM me if you have any further questions or concerns. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci