• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Hey there guys!
I made this thread to ask anyone who has knowledge on servers and connections, to see if htey can help me with a problem Ive been having.
Since yesterday Ive been trying to connect to the survival server and I kept getting "Cant Resolve Hostname", I had to reset my computer twice and my internet modem once before it actually recognised the server and I was able to hop in, I really dont know was that fixed the problem.
Today happened the same thing, exept with just refershing the servers it eventually recognised the ip and I was able to join (keep in mind refreshing didnt help yesterday). After a little while playing in the server I suddely got disconected with the following message "You have been disconected by a software in your computer" or something along those lines I cant remember percisely, after this (which happened like 10 minutes ago) again I got the "Cant Resolve Hostname" message on the server exept this time refreshing the servers over and over doesnt fix it...

Can anyone with knoledge on this thing help me? Id be eternally grateful! I still wonder what that message about some software in my computer means...

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that I get this problem only with the survival server, all the other servers Ive got (including MCSG ones) work just fine I am able to join and get our normally. It seems its a problem only with this one server.

Thanks for reading!

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Might be a firewall blocking something. Try to allow access to MC and try again.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Might be a firewall blocking something. Try to allow access to MC and try again.
Ill try that, the only problem, which I forgot to mention up there (Ill edit it in now) is that all other servers work perfectly for me. I can get in and out and it can read them perfectly.

Educating_

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a strange problem you're having. My best bet would be to try what Pixelator said or maybe it's some sort of process you have running that is interfering with your Minecraft.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
This is a strange problem you're having. My best bet would be to try what Pixelator said or maybe it's some sort of process you have running that is interfering with your Minecraft.
Im looking at the firewall right not and it doesnt give me the option to allow minecraft, there were a few stuff from the Java Platform SE binary that where blocked so I tried allowing those. It seems not it still gives me "Cant Resolve Hostname", but every now and then when I refresh it reads the ip correctly, however when I try to join I get "unknown host" and its back to "Cant Resolve Hostname".

This is a strange problem indeed... its really annoying.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Im looking at the firewall right not and it doesnt give me the option to allow minecraft, there were a few stuff from the Java Platform SE binary that where blocked so I tried allowing those. It seems not it still gives me "Cant Resolve Hostname", but every now and then when I refresh it reads the ip correctly, however when I try to join I get "unknown host" and its back to "Cant Resolve Hostname".

This is a strange problem indeed... its really annoying.
Sorry for the double post!

Dave sorry to tag you, really! I thought maybe you could know why Im having this issue, since you host the server. If you dont host it then Im sorry!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Try adding the whole Minecraft folder to exceptions in your firewall, re-installing might help too. It looks like the problems has something to do with your modem setting though, but i'm not an expert on that

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Try adding the whole Minecraft folder to exceptions in your firewall, re-installing might help too. It looks like the problems has something to do with your modem setting though, but i'm not an expert on that
THanks Ill see what I can do.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Firewall isn't really a problem. Sometimes this happens to me. Your internet connection is either being used a lot or its speed i s very low. Try waiting a bit and refresh every minute or two, it will help.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Yes I tried many things and nothing really worked... my internet is both very very slow and ver used so... I could be that, even though this is the only server I have this problem with.

Well anyways, thanks for the answer but at this point this thread is quite old and I dont think I can get any more help.

Ill try to get some mod to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci