• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hallowed Decay

Tribute
Reaction score
Hallowed Decay
24 Player Map (640 metre diameter)

Map built by
0108 and
BreezyScallop

The Gamemakers have stumbled upon an enclosure where life as we know it has collapsed. Meagre structures left by the long dead natives are decaying, and a strange volcanic infection from beneath the Earth has started spreading across the area. Some indigenous animals, gravitating to the 'Father Tree' were promptly exterminated by the Gamemakers and the area was encased in a glass dome. There is no trace of life left now. You have been chosen to partake in the Survival Games. Will you be the one to survive?

The arena has a diameter of 640 metres (320 metre radius). Many traps laid by the natives have been revamped by the Gamemakers, and a parkour has been installed on the 'Father Tree'. Hundreds of chests were also added to the area.

Images leaked from the Gamemakers' Database:

The Cornucopia, outer perimeter noted to be crumbling

The starting area and one of the mountains in the background

The mysterious volcanic infection

The 'Father Tree' with a native jungle village hanging from it, and also a village in the foreground, along with one of the mountains

The underwater village pond, seen from above. A cracked dome covers the village from most of the water from the pond. Dock and plantation home visible in background

The underwater village seen from inside, most lighting has burnt out

A dock, fishing shack and plantation home, with 2 bridges in background

A close-up of the bridges and the mountains (one mountain partially obscured)

A spike from the infection protruding from a lake

A small canyon in the centre of the desert, a collapsed flimsy bridge is visible and a native 'saloon' is mostly obscured in the background

The inside of the crumbling native 'saloon'

We were not able to extract any more visual information off the Gamemakers' hard-drives, the rest is up to you to explore...

To support the Gamemakers, please post in this thread if you would like to see this map on MCSG. The centre of the Cornucopia is located at the following co-ordinates:
x:-1199 y:81 z:-316

This map was built by 0108 and BreezyScallop,
but thank you to the following people for help and opinions:
iSilverr, Purewelshyboy1, KitMencha

The map download is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x04q5ivx5hkbruu
Enjoy!

Note: MCSG servers have plugins to stop leaves from decaying. If playing on singleplayer or without any WorldGuard (or any likeness) plugins on a server, most of the leaves on the Father Tree (and in other places) will decay, making it look very ugly. If this situation is applicable to you, either install a mod or plugin such as WorldGuard to prevent this from happening, or simply play as usual and ignore the fact that the leaves are decaying and imagine that the Father Tree would look how it should if you were on playing on MCSG.

Last edited:

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like it alot but can we have some screenshots without shaders?

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks nice. A bit big, but looks purty. Also consider adding a few more structures.

Tribute
Reaction score
Looks nice. A bit big, but looks purty. Also consider adding a few more structures.
The theme of the map is more to be quite bare but I guess it wouldn't hurt to add a few more structures.

iSilverr

Platinum
Reaction score
I am completely in love with this map! I would like to thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to help you, even tho most of the credit definitely goes for the both of you! :) And I am wishing you the best of luck always! Great job on the map! Proud of you guys :)

Tribute
Reaction score
I am completely in love with this map! I would like to thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to help you, even tho most of the credit definitely goes for the both of you! :) And I am wishing you the best of luck always! Great job on the map! Proud of you guys :)
It was great of you to help us :) Thanks a lot for the help and support, you're a really great guy!

BreezyScallop

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, it was great fun making it with you!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Without shaders this honestly looks awful. Like said above, it seems like all you did was just build a bit on default land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci