• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker Police Suggestion!

Should there be hacker police?

• Total voters

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
So I've been coming across stupid amounts of hackers lately and this is becoming an outrage... It gets a little annoying to keep having to go on Team Speak and having to constantly request moderators to ask for assistance.. And I already know that my self will never get accepted for mod.. So instead of constantly spamming; well not really spamming the mods for help. Could there be an assistant mod rank where I can for example pin a player for hacking and a mod will see the request on that specific server. Today alone I've had 4 hackers reported ( 17/03/2014 ) Maybe even more than that.

So just as a suggestion (I apologize for the messy thread)
But could there be a mod assistant rank at all? This will not only be helpful for us
but for the mods as well. Of course there will be qualifications and questions, such as
pass staff experience, and what not..

But anyway do go over this and tell me what you guys think,
thanks for reading!

-Super

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
You can help out by poking mods on teamspeak (which is what your doing :)) or recording and reporting hackers. I don't know what these "helpers" would have that would be better then regular members. And unless you have already posted 3+ mod apps and have bee told not to, then apply!

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
Could there be an assistant mod rank where I can for example pin a player for hacking and a mod will see the request on that specific server.
I see your point, but I don't think that this will work. Nowadays, people are calling hacks way too much. Not saying that you are wrong if you call hacks, but the skilled players are called out for hacks because the general populations is well, not as skilled. If a bunch of people have assistant moderator ranks, then they may get a little pin happy. They could tag a really good player, and then the mods have to waste their time checking him out. To prevent this, assistant moderators would have to go through training about hacks, and then they basically are a mod, but only have pin powers.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
That's what mods are for.
Poke them on ts if you need them.
Essentially you should try and record the hacker first.
We don't need a rank specifically for Catching hackers.

Reactions: dq

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Everyone should already be doing that. No need for a rank.

xMillo

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont think this would be implemented because you would need to train these "police" to know what hacks are and such and after going through such training its basically becoming a mod or something along those lines.

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
Could a Moderator move to Feature Suggestions?

But on topic I also think that this would be a bad idea. As already stated it would just be like recruiting more Moderators as they would have to be interviewed, and trained in order for it to be fair, this would just waste the time of Sr.Mods.

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks guys for being honest.. It just takes time to wait on TS for a mod and constantly having to poke them.. I'd apply for mod but I've already tried twice so I gave up on the stupid things that they ask for.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Thanks guys for being honest.. It just takes time to wait on TS for a mod and constantly having to poke them.. I'd apply for mod but I've already tried twice so I gave up on the stupid things that they ask for.
Are you 100% sure you meet ALL of the requirements? There are several people you can poke on TeamSpeak or add on Skype to ask for help applying for Moderator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci