• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide to Flint and Steel

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I see SO many people failing their Flint and Steel attempts and end up just spamming it. Here are my tips for my strongest suit of PVP:

1. Take these tips seriously. You have probably seen these tips before, however, many totally ignore them eventually. If anyone constantly uses these, they will be great with FnS.

2. Be fast. Before even thinking about aiming, you need to take no more than half a second to look down and FnS. Being fast allows you to stop playing temporary defense and actually fight. I see many people spending 2 seconds looking down to place fire, but by that time, your opponent will see it coming and most likely bow you down.

3. Quick Switch. Some parts of PvP come down to how fast you can switch your items out. Hiding all signs that you are about to FnS is important, so don't look down and never switch to the FnS slot unless you are sure that you are going to place it!

4. Be a faker. Fake AFK then FnS to initiate a fight. Spin around and FnS with good aim when you're being chased. Play offensive and don't back up.

5. Have a good plan. Run to the side of them while you FnS to their side. That way, you're strafing them AND lighting them up.

6. You can FnS AFKers easily. When you see an inactive player, put fire underneath their feet. This nearly guarantees that they can't get away, and allows a quick kill. Also, you take no knockback when you stand inside a fire, so players that will not try to run away will stay entirely frozen, giving you an even quicker kill.

7. Aim to kill. The better you are at prediction, the better you are at games in general.

Thanks for reading!

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Very nice tutorial. Flint and steel can be a game changer and if you don't know how to use it properly then you're at a disadvantage.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Nice ^_^ I think I just need to work on my aiming of the FnS :3(which I suck at).

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
The best method to use a FnS is doing a 180° spin and place it, but on MCSG it doesn't work ____-

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very nice tutorial. Flint and steel can be a game changer and if you don't know how to use it properly then you're at a disadvantage.

Thanks!

Nice ^_^ I think I just need to work on my aiming of the FnS :3(which I suck at).
If you find yourself failing at aiming, try strafing to the side of them and placing a fire to the side that you came from. For example, I strafe to the left of the enemy and place a fire to my right. They will 9/10 times attempt to strafe to my right if I'm left strafing them, and that easily gets them on fire.

The best method to use a FnS is doing a 180° spin and place it, but on MCSG it doesn't work ____-
I've done this endless times without fail, what do you mean? Are you aiming on a clickable block?

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score

Thanks!

If you find yourself failing at aiming, try strafing to the side of them and placing a fire to the side that you came from. For example, I strafe to the left of the enemy and place a fire to my right. They will 9/10 times attempt to strafe to my right if I'm left strafing them, and that easily gets them on fire.

I've done this endless times without fail, what do you mean? Are you aiming on a clickable block?
Normal block, but I don't know, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

DecembersDesire

Survivor
Reaction score
Well being a flint and steel user "alot" i think ill take some time to take this in to help me come better, thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci