• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Green/iron/gold/diamond/platinum name color for moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I think mods should have a /namecolor command to select a color for their username other than red. I'm suggesting this because having a red name sticks out like a sore thumb, and makes it really obvious to hackers that there's someone watching them.

If I were to hack, when a person with a red name joins my game, I'd immediately think "Oh, this guy might be watching me because someone poked him. Better turn off my hax". Then they'd play legit for a while, until the mod is satisfied that he's innocent and leaves, and afterwards they bring the hacks back.

Yes, I know there's /d, but that's not perfect (and i don't know if mods even have it). Any paranoid hacker who knows how to figure out a disguised player, or even know what a disguised name looks like, could just turn off their hacks whenever they see one, in case it's a mod.

With moderators blending in with everyone else, it would give the servers more of an "Any of these other players could be a mod. Better not hack." type of feel. That random "normal player" you kill could secretly be a moderator watching your every move.

I'd suggest /nick as well in case a hacker goes out of their way to learn the names of all the mods, but i don't know how that could be abused. Not sure if moderators do have some other command that solves this issue, but in case they don't, then maybe consider this one. Also, I'm assuming that most hackers that are actually trying to win are paranoid of getting caught and will make an effort to avoid it.

Not saying remove the perks, just allow mods to change their name color.

Last edited:

Specton

Survivor
Reaction score
I am quite sure that moderators already have this function, as just a few days ago my friend poked a mod and he appeared in /list as a regular member.

Also, remember that mods have silentjoin, and you would have to /list, then /stats everyone to find out if there's a mod among the spectators.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
This already exists in the form of /disguiserank or /drank. Moderators also have /gamemaster, which hides them from the tab list and from /list, which allows us to do our moderating in peace. Feature already implemented, I'm going to lock this thread. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci