• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Great idea to make the MCSG servers even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
This would be a huge change to the MCSG community, but anyway, here is my idea:
You know how maps like Insanity Cause, Asia Games, and SG 3 don't get played very often? What if that's you favorite map? Well if this were to happen, that would never happen again. This would be a huge project to the MCSG servers, but I think all servers should be deleted (us1.mcsg.in, etc) And should be replaced by server such as SG3.1.mcsg.in, Holidayresort.4.in, etc so that you can always play the map you want. This would take the whole voting process out of MCSG, but I think this change would be a huge upgrade for MCSG, and would make me want to play them even more.

Even if you think my idea makes no sense, or you hate it , please at least leave a reply so I know you read it. If you have any question reply to this and I will answer them. Mods Admins, and developers if you are reading this, please take this back to the Staff part of the MCSG community and tell them about this idea. I will be thrilled to know that anyone even reads this.

So yah, please reply below, and tell me what you think.

~MinedAndCrafted5

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
No because if it is a map that is never played it means that the majority of the MCSG community does not like that map so even if this were implemented it those maps still would not be played too often. Also it would mean that the only servers that had enough people to play would probably be the SG4, Breeze Island Solar Frost and all the other popular maps.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a really popular suggestion, but there's close to no chance this is getting added. Servers with not really popular maps like, as you said, Asia Games, will be empty or only half filled, while they still cost a lot. And servers with popular maps like SG4 will be full all the time.

Neonblaze2

Spectator
Reaction score
It would be very challenging to do this kind of thing... I think that it would also be way too difficult to get into lobby's for us non-members. Second, I think too little of the mcsg community wants to play these maps for it to be a full lobby... It is a nice thought but unrealistic :/

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
I think for non-donors especially, it would be almost impossible to play the more popular maps such as sg4 and breeze, as donors would constantly be filling these servers. Also like yomega said, "It would be very expensive."

Good thought! :) Just not practical.

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, so basically so far, what we have is costs too much to make new servers, so what if you just have one MCSG server with signs in the lobby for the maps? (Like the Hive)

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Like most people have already stated, this would be much to expensive, plus, servers with disliked maps would be like a ghost town.

If we had a large lobby like the hive, it'd work, sure, but we'd lose our 'unique' lobby aspect.

As stated by Slasher in the "No-no suggestions" thread:

Servers with more popular maps will be over populated and servers with less popular maps will be empty. Also the more popular maps will be filled with donors, making it nearly impossibly for normal members to play maps they like.
I'm happy to see you coming up with ideas, but, unfortunately, due to the fact this is more than likely not going to be implemented, and is a "No-no suggestion", I'm going to go ahead and lock this.

Feel free to PM me with further questions :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci