• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fullscreen/windowed lag

androidXL

Tribute
Reaction score
I get 100 fps when I play in a small screen but when I play in fullscreen or windowed mode I get 10 fps... Does anybody know how to fix this? I really want to play in fullscreen.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moved to general support. Try increasing the window size, it may not be fullscreen, but its the closest thing that I can think of to full screen. Anyone one else have any suggestions, I'm not necessarily a Minecraft tech expert.

Code220

Survivor
Reaction score
when the game is fullscreen it has to load larger areas and that depends on the specific computer's capability. The only way to fix it is to use optifine and change the settings for optimum performance. I play windowed online because of the FPS but single player I play fullscreen because it doesn't matter. Another fix is to plug into a monitor with a zoom feature or a tv.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
Technically speaking, playing in full-screen SHOULD actually increase your FPS. When playing in windowed mode (smaller screen) your computer has to render the game and everything else you have open, whereas when playing full-screen it doesn't do that.

Make sure you don't just 'maximize' your Minecraft. This is still not full-screen, this is just a larger version of "windowed mode". In 1.7.2 go to Options>Video Settings>Fullscreen.

Other general things you can do to increase your framerate:
-Download optifine (Free)
-Close ALL other programs you are not using and any background processes. A lot of programs that don't run leave things running that you can't see.
-Update your drivers, especially your video card drivers.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
All I can say is download Optifine here ---> optifine.net
Optifine increases your FPS and sorts out problems within your game.

When you get it. Go to performance. Smooth FPS, Smoother world loading.
Preloaded chunks. Set them to smooth. And the lowest settings.
This will help render it out easy on your full screen. If you feel that you need to ask more questions shoot me a pm :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci