• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FPS Spikes and Game Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky_ninja_101

Spectator
Reaction score
I've recently noticed that my game has been crashing more than normal when connected to the MCGamer servers. It doesn't seem to happen on other servers, and I noticed that I sometimes get large FPS drops prior to my game crashing. It's not too bad at the moment, but I'd rather find a fix before it possibly becomes really bad.

I suspect that it has something to do with my client rendering lots of maps, as the SG maps are considerably intricate and I would imagine they would contribute to the cause. Also constantly changing words, as I seem to die early in SG quite a lot (cos I'm bad), so I'm constantly going from the hub, to the lobby of a game, into the game, etc.

It's definitely not a problem with my computer, as I can quite easily run the game at a constant 200fps+, and again, I've never had these problems in the past, and it only happens when I connect to MCGamer and play SG.

Any suggestions?

Cheers. c:

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can you specify the crash message it gives you when you crash?

sneaky_ninja_101

Spectator
Reaction score
Next time it happens I'll copy+paste/screenshot it, whatever works best and put it here.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Also could you please state how much RAM is allocated to Minecraft so we can help you better. To check press F3 in game and it should be in the top right hand corner.

sneaky_ninja_101

Spectator
Reaction score
Also could you please state how much RAM is allocated to Minecraft so we can help you better. To check press F3 in game and it should be in the top right hand corner.
Only 1GB... I've tried allocating more since I've got 16GB in my system (probably too much lol) but I get an error when I click "play":

Reaction score
Try looking at the crash message intricately, and maybe do some research on some stuff. And Matt0808's suggestion is actually good. Maybe its the Java.
And another thing, if you play on 1.8 in 17+ chunk rendering, and go on 1.7.10 or under, your gane will crash because you would be in an update in which 17+ chunk rendering hasn't even existed.
Hope this helps :)!
XDBFplaysGamesX

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Only 1GB... I've tried allocating more since I've got 16GB in my system (probably too much lol) but I get an error when I click "play":

Make sure you're using 64-bit Java if you're on a 64-bit PC. I had the RAM problem ages ago because I was using 32-bit Java.

sneaky_ninja_101

Spectator
Reaction score
Make sure you're using 64-bit Java if you're on a 64-bit PC. I had the RAM problem ages ago because I was using 32-bit Java.
Don't know why I didn't think of that... anyway, I installed 64bit, and I was able to allocate more than 1GB of RAM. I don't seem to get the map loading bug any more, and I hope it stays that way!

Thanks to all who helped, and to others who have this problem, install 64bit Java if you haven't, then allocate more than 1GB of RAM to Minecraft. :)

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
QA;TL - feel free to PM me with any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci