• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
Could there be a staff position called a forum mod?

A Mod specializing in keeping the forums clean?

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe just a rank on the forums. I don't see it serving an in game purpose.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Hrmm, I don't really know how this would work. But good idea indeed!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
There are already Mods like myself that revolve around the forums. Lot's of Moderators deal with Reports that are over the forums, we don't need a specified rank as people are already Moderating the forums.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
good idea in theory, and i would support it seeing as i and several others are incredibly forum-active, but there are mods who already do this. its kinda an unspoken rule of the mods that some of them are more focused on the forums, the teamspeak, or in-game individually, and mods kinda all do their part in the forums.

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I think this idea is similar to a past idea of something like Jr. Mods- it's a great idea, but when you boil it down, the process would likely be similar to that of a normal staff position, and if that's the case, someone might as well go for the normal position :)

I totally see your idea- a rank for people who might not fit the normal requirements, or are only interested in the forums, but there are also lots of way for you to help around the forums without a rank, such as answering questions, or tagging staff/reporting threads that need to be locked, or removed.

Lots of people do amazing jobs helping out within the forums, they just aren't identified by a specific rank. It's certainly not a bad idea, though I think that in the end, applying for the normal moderator position and being a bit more forum focused might be an easier choice for both the staff and player parties :)

(Thread moved to 'Feature Suggestions' :) )

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
I think this idea is similar to a past idea of something like Jr. Mods- it's a great idea, but when you boil it down, the process would likely be similar to that of a normal staff position, and if that's the case, someone might as well go for the normal position :)

I totally see your idea- a rank for people who might not fit the normal requirements, or are only interested in the forums, but there are also lots of way for you to help around the forums without a rank, such as answering questions, or tagging staff/reporting threads that need to be locked, or removed.

Lots of people do amazing jobs helping out within the forums, they just aren't identified by a specific rank. It's certainly not a bad idea, though I think that in the end, applying for the normal moderator position and being a bit more forum focused might be an easier choice for both the staff and player parties :)

(Thread moved to 'Feature Suggestions' :) )
Thx Duck <3

EDIT: Mooclan, your thoughts?

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Agreeing to Moose , I'm an all around moderator too, managing in-game, forums, and the teamspeak. There are many staff here that are active on the forums, so in my opinion I don't think we would need a forum moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci