• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forgotten Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
This Map Is Amazing. It reminds me of Survival Games 2, Valleyside, SG Highway and Holiday Resort. I have played it on my server with a few friends, and I love it. No Biaz. I relly hop this becomes a map.
First off, please learn some English, and second, an acc that joins, goes onto one very specific forum, comments then is never seen on MCSG again is kinda suspicious. Now, to the map. First off, there is a lot of blending styles/themes going on, and when you build a map you need it to be locked into a style. You said in the description that it was "a deserted valley". This is good, and you have matched this deserted theme in some areas like the builds around corn, but the houses still seem to be functioning, as well as there being a motorway that's not very "deserted" in my opinion. If you want to make it deserted, then take out all evidence that something may still be happening in the town. Secondly, the builds are of a really low quality. The barn, is really boring, and the brick houses are small and only use 2 different blocks in the design. The two skyscrapers also look extremely square, not making the design very interesting at all. Lastly the terraforming, never easy, but the terrain needs to constantly move, which it doesn't really seem to in the screenshots. And where it does move, the changes are very dramatic. It also doesn't look very smoothed, and you can tell that a circular brush has been used for a lot of it. Also, the space of water looks extremely square. However, I congratulate you on the petrol station and the car designs, they look pretty cool.

Personally, I would take this deserted town+dam idea and start over. Make the dam curved, maybe taking up 1/3 - 1/4 of the map. Then, just like you did around corn, build a deserted town. This may sound really blunt and quite harsh, but remember that this is just one opinion. However, this happened to me. I built a map, which I saw to be great but with the help of the community I realized that there was still some work to be done. I went back and started over, occasionally taking ideas or builds from my original map, and in the end, created something that I'm really proud of.

The choice is up to you though.
Good luck in the future with your map
benji_r

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
just downloaded it and its a very very good map. i think you should swap the positions of the castle and the airfield though
not a fan of the pirate ship being their though and also their is too many chests on the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci