• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forgotten Ridge (Revamp of Lost Ridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Forgotten Ridge
Revamp of Lost Ridge
(Hopefully doesn't Crash Edition)

Modifications made:

The chests have all been relocated, tier 2s are in logical places. There are around 200 chests.
The world height has been drastically lowered, to avoid crashing (hopefully)
The ground has been changed from just greass to a mixture of grass and podzol
The forest sections has been totally changed to improve aesthetics and PVP.

Background: In early 2012, I was an Officer of Team Elite. After building Fortune Island I was eager to jump into creating another map. I thought of creating a SG map on the side of a huge mountain. I created a rough World Painter world with the general environment of the map I wanted, I got it uploaded onto the Team Elite server. Here is where my friend Vaangel joined the process. We both interchanged ideas and decided to bring in a select number of Team Elite members to help with the map. It was always going to be a side project.

(Gepsutin also played a large part in the early stages of the map)

As the build went on, at one point there was a decision to make the map into a Team Elite project. I didn't really keep track of who was helping with the map at that point, so here's the list of TE members at the time Lost Ridge was released.

Leaders :
  • Joshkey
  • life855
Officers :
  • lllKEZZERlll
  • juanhbk1
  • The_Soy_Man
  • Frondome
  • 2020ecoman
  • gepsutin
Builders :
  • Ikubi
  • 2020ecoman
  • maxlupus
  • Liam R
  • guggex8
  • sneeze7
  • GibboAssassin
Terraformers :
  • Aeruner
  • Hystericallify
  • ZenGardena
  • lllKEZZERlll
Redstoners :
  • DylanS
  • Gepsutin
In the spring of 2013, the map was accepted into the MCSG servers. Although the dense forest made PVP difficult, it was a beautiful map that was rightfully accepted into the servers. There was a problem though.

The map would crash 70% of the time it was played.

As people realized the problem the map had. It lay in waste, not getting voted in, until at some point it got removed from rotation.

Somewhere around this point I left the servers.

One day, I came across this comment from a Sr. Mod.

I don't know if they ever got it to work or not, but with simple MCEdit magic, I lowered the entire map so that the cornucopia was at around y:90 (it was y:165 before). This is around the same height as Alaskan Village so hopefully it doesn't crash. I then made modifications that improved the aesthetics and PVP.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
You will need to contact the TE staff, as I was informed by AlpakaWhacker and Dave that the revamp wasn't authorized on their part. If you gain permission, you will be allowed to repost it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci