• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Flint and Steel

Flint And Steel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
I really want there to be a usable flint and steel that be so cool, but leave firespread on only leaves itd be a good strategy to burn the forest down at conruopcia during nightime and would give a great use and chance for those who are running away like you could put it infront of you hop over it and then the other player whos probably better gets a ton of damage it gives a good chance to turn the game around with a good brain. Also itd be a fun way to kill those campers in the tree if you know where they are and want a stealthy approach. Overall itd be an interesting and very fun addition to the survival games

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
yeah i completely agree with you. Flint and steel are already available in the chests, so i really don't see why being able to burn down leaves, and possibly vines, will damage the gameplay of the games.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
Or, remove Flint and Steel, and give Fire Charges. Exactly the same but only one-time-use, so you can't burn down a whole forest.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
Good idea felix that was it would be like arrows in how theres limited uses for a powerful item

BigMo4Sho2012

Tribute
Reaction score
The only thing that is bad about being able to start fire and have fire spread is that it is a HUGE drag on the server. It causes tons of lag just because of how the JVM runs minecraft.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Instead of this, it can be made so that there is nether rack that you can place from in chests (and also break it) that way the fire would go on for ever. and people would be able to get on fire if they weren't careful. It can also be used as a protection method for someone. They could place fire in front of a door or around the cornucopia or something.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I think flint and steel definitely needs a place in the games, however, how it should be implemented, i don't really know. I don't think it should have unlimited firespread, and i really think it should only be limited to being able to burn leaves. If it is possible, i would suggest some sort of max radius on how far the fire can spread from the player started it. This could be anywhere between 5 and 30 blocks. I don't know. I also think that it would be necessary to make flint and steel more rare than they are now, and if possible; limit the uses of one item, so that all forests in the map don't end up being burned down.

BigMo4Sho2012

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the only burning leaves but that limits its true PvP potential. My suggestions would be it can only spread through leaves but can be used on the ground to cause a fire but it won't spread at all. That allow for it to spread through trees to flush people out AND still be used as a PvP resource.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh. And let it burn netherrack aswell. Would make for some awesome mapmaking potential, including the spawn in map 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci